Single topic debate #4

never driven one, with only 24 on the road not many have. I have seen one as well as a handfull of Venom800R vipers. I do know they will beat down any production supercar and the only thing that comes close is the Lingenfelter Z06TT. Currently I am building a factory 5 Cobra replica for my not so mechanically-inclined good friend. It has a 400HP FI302 with a TKO 5speed. He has about $40 in it and should run with the Noble to 150ish, while getting more looks. For the money, the cobra kit car is probably the way i'd go, just my $.02.
I was referring to the Noble...
Ha, my bad  
laugh.gif

I was just commenting on the pics you posted.
Ahhh, I was thinking that you had not seen one in person when I read your comments. The fit on the exterior is actually as nice as the Porsche or as nice as the Enzo both of which I have seen and sat in. But, neither of which I have driven. The interior is not as nice as either but is more like being in a race car. It is sparse and functional. The only ammenities are a fairly nice sound system and air conditioning that you will need to use as the cockpit gets quite warm.

Now if you were to sit the Noble and the Cobra replica side by side, I have no doubt that the Cobra would be glanced at while the Noble would be perused. The Noble is ONLY sold in the US as a "kit" car to avoid Federal Laws that would prevent it from being sold here. I am sure that you understand that "kit" cars are not held to the emission standards or testing that manufactured cars are. In other countries, the Noble is NOT a "kit" car. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the Cobra replicas out there and this same dealer had 6-7 of them on his showroom floor when I was looking at the Noble but they are in two different leagues. They are like comparing a HD with a Busa. Both nice but different performance characteristics.

<!--EDIT|Shanling
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156535630 -->

Noble_3.jpg

I thought they did a segment on the Noble on "Dream Car Garage".  They are built in South Africa right?
Yes, that is correct.

And black954, you have a good eye. I believe that the vents in the interior picture are purchased from the same supplier that supplies Ford. I reread your comments on the interior and when I sat in it the first time, I thought the same thing. That is when they told me the vents were from the same vendor.

OKay,and to get it back to the topic at hand....as a Vette owner I would definitely have to go with the Z06!!!

Decisions, decisions...

Well, the only way I can give a truly accurate answer is to test drive both vehicles. So, if any board members want to *lend* me a Z06 and a GT for a short time (oh, I think a month for each would be sufficient), I'll get back to you with an answer.

I promise to return them with a full tank of gas (though, I can't speak for the condition of the tires .
wink.gif
)

I saw a GT today, red and white. What an awesome car and sounded AWESOME. Since I live in a very rich area in the middle of the 2nd richest county in the country, I get to see all sorts of ultra exotic cars on the road. I wish I could help add to that reputation.

I would take the Vet over the GT even with the price difference if I was given them to keep. I am not thrilled with the GT at all!!
sad.gif

Back