Single topic debate #4

You too? ? ?   Man, I do that all the time.  It ROCKS
what do you do? poo on cars??!!!
tounge.gif

I like the Vette, I own a Vette...I would take the GT. Plus if it's not driven into the ground you'll be able to sell it in 30 years and retire a very wealthy person.

The local dealer has one in the showroom and I love the stickers that cover the door and hood gaps...it's still "sealed for your protection".
smile.gif
It sold ages ago but still sits there. I do a lot of work for the owner of the dealership and he has an incredible collection of "new" cars dating back to the 60's, I'm really surprised he didn't keep this one for himself. Even stranger is the new owner hasn't taken delivery of it, but I imagine there's an agreement to keep it on the showroom for a certain amount of time as an attraction. I was told it sold to a local construction contractor for $160,000.00.

You can have them both. If I had to pick one of those, it would be the GT for the exclusivity of it. This is what I would get over both those slow little chick cars, Hennessey Venom 1000.

Hennessey_Venom_1000.jpg

Oh yeah, it's also the fastest street car in the world.....for now......until they come out with the 2,000hp version

I've always been in love w/ the 911 Turbo and Mercedes 600 S class... but for free, I'd take a Dodge Dart if one was offered to me!

Take the Vette and spend some of the money you save over the GT make the Vette look even better and out preform the GT too, and you will still have enough cash left over to take a month off and go travel around the world.

We are talking about the FORD GT not the Shelby GT. You know the second generation of the famous GT-40. It costs about $150,000 if you can find one....
oh ok then i would take the vette by far, seen the new gt and sit in it and stuff wasnt really that inpressed with it, i guess cause it says FORD

Take the Vette and spend some of the money you save over the GT make the Vette look even better and out preform the GT too, and you will still have enough cash left over to take a month off and go travel around the world.
Shheeeit, take four months off and trek across the central european zone, just enjoying the uhm ass(ets)......
I'm wit'ya...

You have to wonder don't you. That is, about how Ford ever came into the ownership of such a legendary car in the first place. Back in the sixties Ford was trying it's best to takeover Ferrari. It wanted a prestige/exotic marque that would be the envy of all other automotive manufacturers. Ferrari did not give in and sell, they just stuck it to Edsel that way...
Fast forward, the original design of the GT-40 was made in, correct me if I'm wrong, an English coachbuilder racing engineering firm's workshop. Then it was pitched to the highest bidder that just happened to be FOMOCO...
It wasn't Ford engineers that conceived and birthed the first car. It was a bunch of enthusiast engineers and craftsmen that shaped the metal on an english wheel.
Thus, I do not recognize the GT-40 or for that matter the Ford GT as a genuine engineering exercise of the Ford motor company. Sure, it whipped everybody's ass at LeMans for a few years but in fact it was not a true Ford. Same goes for the Shelby Cobra coupe. Another Debate for that one though.
Sounds like your reaching here. All of those GT40's that ruled at LeMans (and everywhere else) were powered by Ford motors. But to choose between these two I don't really dig either one so I would take the GT. Now a Twin turbo S7 thats another story! Same color as my Busa what a team!

s74.jpg

Now Saleen has produced a fantastic car! If you buy one new, they fly you and your companion (politically correct) out to California and custom fit the drivers seat to you. Plus, they give you matching luggage with the car.

Oh and they fly you out First Class of course!

<!--EDIT|Shanling
Reason for Edit: "Ooopsie"|1156434108 -->

I thought about posting pics of the Bugatti but like the Saleen, it is not part of the comparison. Geeze, what are they? $1,000,000.00?

This says it all....
# Super Car Comparison:

Hennessey Venom Twin Turbo SRT Coupe
# 1000 hp
# Top Speed: 255 mph
# 2006 Production: 24 units
# Cost: $225,000

Bugatti Veyron
# 1001 hp
# Top Speed: 253 mph
# World-wide Production: 300 units
# Cost: $1.7M