Single topic debates...  i shut one down...

Stick to your guns partner.. The more I think about it the more I realize the severity of possible contributions by our Mature yet spirited members. Also, I don't own the concept of the single topic debate, it is for all like minded members here to use. Having said that i merely ask a courtesy of those wishing to post debates. Please follow the existing sequence or PM me and I will post it with the correct serial number.... We are at #9 with Chinese population control. Anybody want to volunteer number 10?
Also, we are here due to a common interest, the mighty Hayabusa. We don't only think of that topic in our lives so Random Thoughts was created for those of us needing other forms of intellectual digest. We have a great body of members here from all walks of life. Mechanics, Doctors, Conduits of the Lord... Surely, they are worthy of bouncing a question off of now and then.
Started #10 for ya.
wink.gif

I think locking that particular thread was a wise choice. That subject is so divisive it is almost impossible to debate logically. So I say your judgement was more than sound.
E

Its good to see level heads in this thread.

I neither agree nor disagree becuase I understand that if I dont like it I have the choice not to participate.

Rev, every time I get to thinkin' you're a real dickh*ad, you go and post up something rational and blow that opinion right outta the water.

I missed Projekt's post anyway. I wouldn't have participated though. I have a warped sense of what that topic should be about but it's best I don't post it!

--Wag--

YOU'LL ALL WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! GOD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO PUT THAT THREAD BACK!!!!

I'm still level headed... right?

I haven't read the thread yet but I agree that it should be locked. That's one HOT topic that could get out of hand very quickly. Don't second guess yourself on this one.

OH and WWJD....you crack me up.

YOU'LL ALL WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! GOD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU TO PUT THAT THREAD BACK!!!!

I'm still level headed... right?
Well I appreciate the words. I am habitually a little off center and kinda of a.... D!ckhead, partly cause it's my temperament (Though I do prefer A*hole) and partly cause I frequently do what nobody else wants to do, or I call BS just cause I think its BS even when it runs directly counter to what the thread has established as a norm or mainstream thought.

I'm opinionated (Just in case you haven't noticed) but also strive to be relatively fair (mostly). I'll be on the bottom and take my shots just like anyone else and NOT use any "Moderator SuperPowers" J if I am on the loosing end. If I cannot work it out, fine I eat crow. I've done it before.

So anyway, this one just sat wrong because I was assuming that the topic would go South in a hurry, well Police cannot operate on what they "THINK" is going to happen, hell even the FBI will fabricate some evidence first.
smile.gif

It's the Nature of the Topic, the absolute PERSONAL nature of it that makes it something nearly impossible to just discuss. Now someone mentioned the Creation VS Evolution argument this is something that is also "personal". Correct, but it's not a topic that when someone challenges a belief immediately leads to ugliness and honestly hurt feelings. It's something that folks can champion one way or another, and really get behind without loosing all sense of reason. Folks have been getting SHOT over the last ten years. Psychopathic scumbags don’t blow up Observatories because they are looking back towards the big bang, or Museums because there are fossils inside and explanations of how Evolution works. This is the modern reality of the Abortion topic. It's just simply TOO much hotter and more personal than even a persons belief system, God, or lack thereof.

_

WWJD, Yes Bro you are still level headed... Enough.
thumbs-up.gif

I respect the decision making authority you have been empowered with. I do have just a tidbit on debates in general. I remember in high school debating these 3 topics. Creation vs. evolution, abortion and corporal punishment (paddiling in school). We were seperated into teams of course and had to take turns debating each side. So one week we had to make a case (argument) for each side, which was kind of cool. Reminds me of the Defense attorney that knows their scumbag client is guilty of the charges but still has to argue in their defense. Anyone think of that, try to debate a topic from both sides, you have 5 posts limit for each side. That might cut down on some of the pointless banter and control the emotions a bit. Just a thought
tounge.gif

It's not a bad idea, I was kind of advocating a discussion aimed towards a discussion aimed towards increased understanding of a thing, or concept.

Hell, How does household wiring work, could be a couple of pages of interesting good to know stuff. Not combat, just information shared and discussed for the sake of knowledge.

Back