single sided rotor

I agree with Robert fisher and i think the chrome galfer rotors with chrome calipers look great on the bike so why remove one side??Last month i did ride a busa with just one rotor and to me its clear now and i would never remove one rotor and cut down my stopping power more then half the amount.Also the feel is not the same anymore when braking and i just love those big chrome wave rotors on my chrome rc wheels!:thumbsup:
But if you like one rotor more just to show off youre wheel more its a free world to do so but if you do some calculation with the amount of mass that needs to be stopped with the diameter of one rotor or the diameter of two the answer will tell you its just not wise .
People that remove one rotor know this to i am sure of that but like to go close to the:lau edge and take more risk as they ride their bike.Maybe i am just a boring 37 year old guy
:laugh:

Greetings Ray

your not cutting down your stopping power.....whether you have 1 rotor or 2, the limiting factor will always be traction. you can lock up the front wheel with only 1 rotor.

for repeated hard use 2 rotors would be better, but a properly setup single caliper system will provide more than enough brake power for any emergency stop.....

you will need a master cyl. designed for a single caliper, to do this correctly.

Hey,
someone has been using the search button :rofl:
and Ray. I'm still rocking one rotor and living lol

Last edited:
I have only one and i had to make some emergency stops before. NO PROBLEMSSSSSSSS. I test them at fast speeds too. Same no problems. I think 85 % of the busas in Puerto Rico Have only one Disc LOL

Back