Silly little Busa Bikes.

Silly little Busa Bikes. - Why'd you buy one.

• The originality of it's styling

Votes: 282 99.6%
  • The half decent two-up ability

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just looks like a cool bike

• Comfortable sportbike that's also fast

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Always wanted a big bore bike

• With a couple small mods it's a decent touring ride

• Pulls great wheelies

• powerful yet reliable bike

• Bragging rights...cuz u r on the biggest and baddest of em all

• Other.....explain below please.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What color is it??
I had her repainted solid anthracite because the original was somewhat scratched up (looks like it was stored in a very crowded garage). This is a cartoon on both sides of the fairing of Wilie Coyote, wearing a 30's-era helmet and goggles, ears swept back, chin forward, jockey-style-straddling a flaming Acme rocket. I originally had a dead, half de-feathered RoadRunner in his dustcloud, but the guy painting it convinced me that less was more, so the dust cloud and RoadRunner were ditched.

Besides, instead of answering the What year/color is your Busa question, it's right there for all to see, and it is a Busa Board after all...or were you talking more of the folks listing everything they own down to the old buick in the back yard?rock.gif
The latter...the folks who crave self-validation enough to list 6 cars like an '84 P.O.S. and such in their sig, but also people who list 15 lines of mods to their busas...eesh...it's a SIG!
Gotcha and I am with ya....

Hey, solid Anthracite? Post pics Bear...

Welcome to the board FBGB!
I like the avatar and your sense of humor.
The avatar reminds me of playing catch with my kids when they were young. Bonk! Catch the ball with your hands, not your face.

Please post pics of the bike.

coyoteGenii.JPG

I needed something big enought to keep me form falling behind all my riding buddies.

The price of being a fat-ass i guess...

And if no one has said it yet, <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Wel</span><span style='color:blue'>come</span>!  </span>
Thanks.  Short background on me so you know where I'm coming from later in my posts...

Grew up in Lafayette, IN
Born and adopted in Dallas, TX

Texan by birth, Boilermaker by the Grace of God...

Age 34

Riding since 18, but never could afford anything but beater bikes until recent years.

Favorite memory: attending college in southern Indiana (Vincennes, Law Enforcement program), but still being in the National Guard in Lafayette and having no other vehicle but a KZ750 twin, I literally drove that thing in the middle of winter over 150 miles each way to attend monthly weekend drill.  That's when you get a real gut-check...  I loved that hunk of crap bike, though.  I patched it's venturi carb diaphram (terrible about getting holes in it) with bicycle innertube rubber and rubber cement, replaced the lost muffler baffle with steel wool held in with the perforated end of a coffee can held in by pop rivets, etc.  I was hell to look at, but it was a strong and simple engine and it's unique rake made her steer like a fighter jet to me...ah...

Current occupation: software developer/consultant, independant contractor, formerly a work-from-home employee of Siemens.

Former lives: 8 years with an Indiana county police department, also brief stints as computer tech support, Tool & Die machinist, motorcycle Parts Department counter rat, Purdue Engineering dropout.  I guess you could say I had focus issues growing up...

Wife: ER doctor, she'd kill if I told her age, but it's close (may God bless match.com for dumb luck...)

Kids: one newborn daughter

Former street bikes (dirt doesn't count):
1976 KZ400 - died of natural causes right after I sold it
1978 KZ750 - lived an unnaturally long life, finally sold to a Purdue Student who promptly tore it down and never rebuilt it
1984 CB700-SC Nighthawk-S (two of them) First totalled by female cager t-bone, second one went through 2 engines and over 60k miles before I slapped in a 3rd engine and sold it
1996 PC800 Pacific Coast (yes, they looked like scooters even then, but it was my mini-Goldwing and I loved it) - front end torn off by an Indianapolis driver running a red light by the State Fairgrounds.

2002 Hayabusa ("Jenny") - may she live long and prosper...

Besides, instead of answering the What year/color is your Busa question, it's right there for all to see, and it is a Busa Board after all...or were you talking more of the folks listing everything they own down to the old buick in the back yard?rock.gif
The latter...the folks who crave self-validation enough to list 6 cars like an '84 P.O.S. and such in their sig, but also people who list 15 lines of mods to their busas...eesh...it's a SIG!
Not quite sure that it has anything whatsoever to do with craving self validation....Bear......but I've been incorrect a time or two before.
Some folks might just be proud of what they own ...or have done to there rides, and who are we to judge their signatures.

I think the phrase to use here would be: get over it and move on!!!!!

including a few runs at the well-known speed strip out in the county.
Well....well Bear....good thing you were'nt still in the employ of
the Indiana county police department.
Good thing you were on the "bad" side of the law like the rest of us low life's.
Indiana is a state, leaf-head.  I worked for one of that state's counties...

And of course I didn't anymore, and note that I go to a deserted, abandoned airstrip to do my unsafe riding...not public roads like the dumbasses that I would pull over.  All too eager to make presumptions and generalizations, I see...

Despite the ringing anti-police sentiment on one side, I had a lot of respect for people who could ride powerful machines with at least some semblance of responsibility.  It was the dangerous and inconsiderate dorks that felt the sting of the citation book...

Some folks might just be proud of what they own ...or have done to there rides, and who are we to judge their signatures.

I think the phrase to use here would be: get over it and move on!!!!![/QUOTE]

Hmm...(scrolling back up)...my comment was in response to someone else asking me to clarify my sig, but you went to the trouble to ignore that point and re-open the issue with a whole new post directed at it, just to try to regurgitate something I wrote.  Wow.  Again, if what I say makes you that mad to be worth generating a new post and ranting about it, then chances are that it's because it applies to you...  When you remove your uptight panties from your behind and chill out, let us know...

My favorite quote:

If what I'm saying offends you, then it's probably because it applies to you...
Man yer really off tonight...............doesn't offend me in the least little bit (I'm near impossible to offend)......I do however think that maybe you should get to know some of us before ya sling shi!......we're pretty good people round here.....and we're all just tryin to help one another out dude.

including a few runs at the well-known speed strip out in the county.
Well....well Bear....good thing you were'nt still in the employ of
the Indiana county police department.
Good thing you were on the "bad" side of the law like the rest of us low life's.
Indiana is a state, leaf-head.  I worked for one of that state's counties...

And of course I didn't anymore, and note that I go to a deserted, abandoned airstrip to do my unsafe riding...not public roads like the dumbasses that I would pull over.  All too eager to make presumptions and generalizations, I see...

Despite the ringing anti-police sentiment on one side, I had a lot of respect for people who could ride powerful machines with at least some semblance of responsibility.  It was the dangerous and inconsiderate dorks that felt the sting of the citation book...
Sorry Bear my mistake I actually knew that.....just half asleep right now.
I meant to write "an" not "the".

My favorite quote:

Man yer really off tonight...............doesn't offend me in the least little bit (I'm near impossible to offend)......I do however think that maybe you should get to know some of us before ya sling shi!......we're pretty good people round here.....and we're all just tryin to help one another out dude.
Um, you started the slinging by ragging about my avatar, which you are the only one that seems to have a problem with...take a peek in the mirror when dishing out behavioural advise...

My favorite quote:

Um, you started the slinging by ragging about my avatar, which you are the only one that seems to have a problem with...take a peek in the mirror when dishing out behavioural advise...
This is crazy Ray......I wasn't "ragging" bout yer avatar at all........actually called my wife in here and had a good laugh at it.
Last post in here for me guys.......really sorry fer wrecking this thread.
Bill

I got mine because it made my built V Max feel slow... matter of fact the V Max was slow after I got my Busa so I sold it!!! wink.gif

Styling was what first got my attention, then it was the torque and speed, two-up ability. NAW..... actually it was all because it was the biggest baddest sleekest mofo on the streets, and therefore kinda reminded me of myself laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif jump9.gif :jump

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I bought the bike after my ZX11 eploded on the highway. I escaped unscathed thank God. I was curious about the bike and wanted anothewr supersport tourer. Choices included the ZX12 and the Honda blackbird. I test rode the busa and fell in love. It does everything forme from commuting to twisties to ccoutryside riding at 130+. It is a powerful stable engine.

I do not care about the gsxr 1000, R1 or whatever. So what if one of these guys sneaks up on you and passes. They only do it because they know the busa or ZX12 are the bosses. They might be quicker from the start but after 140 the busa big displacement kicks in and puts them to shame. I ride within myself and do not allow silly antics to remove me from my zone.

I got mine simply because I'm going through my mid-life crisis, I wanted the bragging rights, and I couldn't afford a Viper or a Z-06. Best decision I've made in a long time ... I'm still smiling  biggrin.gif

S R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back