Should i?....

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Here's the deal gents...i'm looking at a windfall refi on my home with a killer intrest rate w/ my '05 Nissan Titan 4DR P/U Paid-Off and 20K ca$h....so....

1. do i sell my dear beloved O-Ren Ishii?..(a 1st Gen, 5 year old, Piped and PC'ed '03 Silver/Gray GSX1300R Busa with a scant over 13K on the Odo) for 6-8K and then toss a few grand in for a Black GenII '08 or?.....

2. do i keep O-Ren as a track bike and just out-right buy a Black '08 Busa or?...

3. do i say fug it all...save the ca$h and....just keep rid'in & luv'in O-Ren for all she's worth?....(not that i can)
laugh.gif

TIA & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Keep your baby, buy outright the '08 you're drooling about, and let the decision 'which to ride today' plague you.

laugh.gif

I'd sit on the cash for a year, just put it into something safe/secure so you cant loose it and see where you are in a year. Thats what I did when I refi'd my first house and a year later I found that the money had a much better use and my 02 black/blue hasnt let me down once
beerchug.gif

USAA gold & silver/ are you military or depedant?
military gone dependent.
You should be entitled to join based on prior service, this is a great place for your money.All of their services they offer, bonds,CD's, mutual funds,etc. give great returns based on their main clients current status as to a regular income,ability to be responsible with money management,etc.They say because of this, they will and do beat 90% of Lipter b.s. in all fields. If you have a chunk of change that you can just lose for about 2-3 years,min. deposit $10K, go to www.usaa.com and check into their 3yr gold/silver market. Their main clients are active duty and former army so despite what happens to the immediate civilian economy,they remain stable and can make changes if needed,because they suffer no lose in capital funds.As for the civilian economy,layoffs,foreclosure,bankrupcies,all go up. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! You get the idea. Anyway, check them out,well worth your time.

It's like Leavenworth,Ks. Regardless of what happens elsewhere, this town is almost bullit proof. Besides Ft.Leav.with cmd.&staff col.,USDB. You have the USPen. KSPen. a CCA center,a VA hosp. plus few more gov. funded institutes that must remain at a constant and will not close or suffer loses, a good group makes a stronger unit.

Bill, where the hell have you been? Haven't seen or heard a peep out of you in ages.

I just rolled a brand new Black/Gray 08 into my garage about an hour ago. Hasn't even been started yet. Picked her up and hauled her home in the back of my truck in a blowing rain storm. She's now nice and dry in my garage. I traded my 06 Busa in and coughed up $3500 plus tax & lic. to get the deal done.

I'm hoping I'm not going to be disappointed in this second generation busa? We'll see?

If I were in your shoes, I think I'd sell/trade your current busa and get the 08. I think it's important to keep up with the latest technology. If you want a track bike, I'd suggest buying a more track oriented bike.

Just my 2 Cents worth. Good to see you are still alive and kicking!

There is absolutely no reason to to jump ship on the Gen I: I would just upgrade components as needed. A little engine work and a complete brake upgrade to Brembos is all the Gen I needs.

xxx.jpg

I'd sit on the cash for a year, just put it into something safe/secure so you cant loose it and see where you are in a year.  Thats what I did when I refi'd my first house and a year later I found that the money had a much better use and my 02 black/blue hasnt let me down once
beerchug.gif
+1

i would sit on the money this season in case the 08 hiccups get the perfected 09 keep your gen 1 and put a 240-300 on it and have that one to cruise and the 09 to run. 13k isnt alot ive got 24k on my 02 and im gonna do this same thing in 09. cruise on the 02 and the 09 will be my blaster. By the way anyone know who can put the surfer image i use as my icon on some plastics? thats for the 02...the 09 was gonna be galactus but we'll see.

i would sit on the money this season in case the 08 hiccups get the perfected 09 keep your gen 1 and put a 240-300 on it and have that one to cruise and the 09 to run. 13k isnt alot ive got 24k on my 02 and im gonna do this same thing in 09. cruise on the 02 and the 09 will be my blaster. By the way anyone know who can put the surfer image i use as my icon on some plastics? thats for the 02...the 09 was gonna be galactus but we'll see.
give Revolution a shout.. he can put down anything you throw his way...

i say sit on the money for a year and see what happens with the 08. so far there havent been any major defects which is a good thing. perhaps by waiting, you can get the 08 at a better price.
easybutton.png

Save the cash; the economy is going to be a little rough until at least '09. Also - let me know some good riding spots around here!
beerchug.gif

If I recall correctly, last year about this time you were in finacial trouble, to the point someone of the board sent you a new battery so you could ride during the Christmas holidays, etc...

So, keep the cash and save it for a rainy day. I know you can't take it with you, but you need to have some contingency plans/funds for when the TV breaks, or the water heater breaks, etc...

Just my 0.02 EUR (since I'm in Germany at the time of this post)

if it were me, I would sock the money away in some kind of investment for two/three year max. Let the Gen II busa work out all the early production kinks and then buy one in 2010-11. By then your Gen I will be ready to go fulltime track.

I luv my USAA accounts!
beerchug.gif

Back