Some "amazing shid"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
man-o-man...it's simply amazing to me that i can fumble my way through the shoddy shop manual to check and adjust my valves but...install a set of clear alternatives led front turn signals has had my poor O-Ren in a "Down Condition" all week long...(working 10-11 hours a day and didn't have the energy or the time...plus?..i'm fairly disgusted about the whole ca led front turn signal ordeal) but anyways?...i wired everything up (including the flasher relay) just as CA advises on their website and not only did the CA led turn sigs "Not Flash"...and only came on at a very low wattage glow but...O-Ren's engine was surging and stumbling like a biotch with...get this...a Fuel Injection error code F1 with the red FI light flashing...this afternoon?...i attempted to rewire the stock flasher back to stock and use the CA led turn sigs and again?...no dice...engine surging at an idle...and again..FI error..so...i unplud the CA leds front turns and put the original stock bulbs back in and still no worky...so then?...i unplug the stock flasher relay and again wire up the 2ndary flasher unit from CA..with stock bulbs...and viola!....engine runs fine...no surging...no FI error coding out..and the stock bulbs with the CA flasher relay now work fine...but it's like the CA led front turn sigs fried a circut in my stock flasher relay...so now?...the only set-up i got working where the engine runs as it should sans any FI error codes and the turn signals work is by using the CA 2ndary flasher unit (since their shid evidently smoked my oem flasher circut) and go right back to my stock ambers with standard bulbs...gee...thanks Clear Alternatives.  
mad.gif

pretty crappy deal hugh?..i can do a tutorial on valve clearance check and adjust including cam removal in a week and a 1/2  but in another weeks worth of down time?...can't wire up a set of defective as he11 turn signals that fried out my stock shid...Pi$$ Me Off!  
mad.gif

So back to the stock amber lenses i go..and for bonus points?..I get to wonder how long the freaking CA supplied flasher relay will last..and then i'm screwed..and boy?...if i missed sumpt'in i sure the heck can't figure out what it was.  
wink.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

mad.gif

did u contact clear alternatives and let them know they sent ya a pile of shid?
rock.gif
and that their product has damaged ur scoot??

(ozzy04 @ Apr. 14 2007,11:48) did u contact clear alternatives and let them know they sent ya a pile of shid?
rock.gif
no...and namely cause i'm so pi$$ed that i know i wouldn't be able to contain myself in a phone convo...especially if they got wiseazz'ed with me..besides...i didn't purchase them through CA...i got them from a board vendor here...and i won't mention names cause i never got the 4 NGK iridium plugs i got charged for that he never sent either..so calling him is out as well..as the same vendor who sold me these pos ca led front turn signals is the same guy who charged me for a set of sparkplugs he never delivered.
mad.gif

(JINKSTER @ Apr. 14 2007,17:57)
(ozzy04 @ Apr. 14 2007,11:48) did u contact clear alternatives and let them know they sent ya a pile of shid?
rock.gif
no...and namely cause i'm so pi$$ed that i know i wouldn't be able to contain myself in a phone convo...especially if they got wiseazz'ed with me..besides...i didn't purchase them through CA...i got them from a board vendor here...and i won't mention names cause i never got the 4 NGK iridium plugs i got charged for that he never sent either..so calling him is out as well..as the same vendor who sold me these pos ca led front turn signals is the same guy who charged me for a set of sparkplugs he never delivered.  
mad.gif
that really sucks bawlz man!!!! hopefully something can be done about it and everything can be made good without any blow ups.........

Clear Alternatives is in a slump around here. I think you're the 3rd member in a short time that has had problems. My rear LED's gave me a fast flash but adding some Radio Shack beepers (since I can't remember to turn the freaking things off) to the circuit seems to have replaced the load necessary, and the fast flash is gone. Have you priced the stock flasher from the dealer?

I ordered the CA Crystal Clear LED taillight last summer and they sent the wrong LED bulbs with it. They did get it straightened out when I called the 2nd time and sent me the right bulbs.

(Red05 @ Apr. 14 2007,12:08) Clear Alternatives is in a slump around here. I think you're the 3rd member in a short time that has had problems. My rear LED's gave me a fast flash but adding some Radio Shack beepers (since I can't remember to turn the freaking things off) to the circuit seems to have replaced the load necessary, and the fast flash is gone. Have you priced the stock flasher from the dealer?
That's a great idea with the RS beepers Red05....and no...i just figured this all out today and to be honest i'd hafta grab an ohm meter somewhere to check continuity to actually confirm that the stock flasher circut being fried...but all indications (via reasonable deduction/elimination) say it is.

SHOCKED.gif
So let me get this right.....You ordered the CA kit and 4 plugs from a board vendor and didnt receive your full order....and you didnt pick up the phone IMMEDIATELY? Ummm.....why? And why be scared to call the vendor out?

First of all, call the vendor and tell them about the missing plugs. Then, while youre on the phone, mention the horrible experience youve just told us.
Second, kick back and wait for your new plugs and CA kit fix to arrive.
Third, post up and let us know what happened.

I cant believe for a second that a board vendor here would be happy knowing how UNhappy you were with their product/service. Tell them. They will FIX it.

Can I get an AMEN?

(BIGSMOOTHH @ Apr. 14 2007,12:23)
SHOCKED.gif
So let me get this right.....You ordered the CA kit and 4 plugs from a board vendor and didnt receive your full order....and you didnt pick up the phone IMMEDIATELY?  Ummm.....why?  And why be scared to call the vendor out?

First of all, call the vendor and tell them about the missing plugs.  Then, while youre on the phone, mention the horrible experience youve just told us.
Second, kick back and wait for your new plugs and CA kit fix to arrive.  
Third, post up and let us know what happened.

I cant believe for a second that a board vendor here would be happy knowing how UNhappy you were with their product/service.  Tell them.  They will FIX it.

Can I get an AMEN?
Basically?...when i got these turn sigs 9 months ago?...i wasn't to impressed from the moment i took them out of the box at first glance as while the general design/asthetics looks he11a cool?...the quality appeared to be quite shoddy...the plastic molded housings and lenses had quite a bit of mold flashing in te holes and contoured edges and the plastic itself seemed to be of low quality...also?...I love my CA rear tail-light/directionals but only after i excluded the use of their rear tail-light lens...and put the stock red tail-light lens back on over just the CA led light-board.....as the stock tail-light lens (unlike the supplied CA lens) made the leds appear 2-3 times as bright and the directionals highly visable from all angles...proving to me that the light refraction/amplification of the CA designed lens is quite poor.

This vendor came off as quite the friend at first...helping to save me money by selling me a slightly blemmed engine part at a real bargain price..but not sending me the sparkplugs i paid for and now these front turn signals which have numerous defects including...

1. There are two plugs fcoming out of each signal..one type fits a Katana while the other type fits our busa..well...The right side turn signal had two of the same type plugs...both for a Katana...my fix?..I ground off one of the offset nubs (on one of the two katana type plugs) to make it work..which it does fit and twist lock just fine however..

2. It's glarringly apparent that both of these CA led front turn signals have bad boards in them as while i can get both stock bulbs to flash and work?..i even tried just plugging each of the two CA units in one at a time and neither works...just a low wattage glow with no flash...while the stock oem bulbs on the other side work just dandy..proving to me that both CA light-board units are trash.

and at this point?...between the blems and the garbage that this vendor has dealt me and the sparkplugs that were paid for but never actually got here?...i'm left wondering if this indivdual doesn't specialize in scarfing up factory seconds and passing the savings onto himself and then marketing the "seems like a bargain" garbage shid to us.

He's not a heavy hitter here vendor wise...only pops in every now and then...that's why i've never mentioned anything...and i did call back twice on the plugs quite awhile back..and never got to speak directly to him again...the first time i biotched i was told i'd be taken care of...6 months later?..the 2nd time i called was on a weekend and i got no positive response with a claim that "He was out of town..try again later)...and i just wrot'em off and sorta blamed myself as well for not biotching harder, sooner...and i won't mention any names since i only suspect this shid but can not actually prove any of it..which pi$$es me off even more!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

JINKSTER
Call CA and tell them you bought their product and its not right and see what they will do, I have heard that they warranty they stuff for a year.

And not to start any fight, but if you don't say who you "feel" cheated you somebody else may have a similar experiance.
You don't have to call anybody a thief or conartist, just simply say what you suspect and that you were charged for something that was never delivered. Just a thought.

Bill, I for one would like to know who this "sponsor" is so as to avoid any such experience.
rock.gif

P.S.- The CA rear integrated unit I bought off eBay is a piece of shid. Less than six months before it crapped out.
guns.gif

I guess I'da wrote it off too. Seems a damn shame though. Please do tell us who it was. Ill keep a wide berth.

As I posted a little while back...I am done with Clear Alternatives.

I too found their quality less than stellar and to frequent the easy mistakes.

Now I'm curious how a bad flasher can cause a code? I'll have to do some wiring diagram browsing.

Back