Should i get gen3 hayabusa as my second bike?

The weight difference is only 150 lbs which is a lot less than I thought it would be. Still, 150 lbs is quite a bit and the Hayabusa seat height is probably higher which won't make it any easier. The weight will be most apparent at low speed like when you come to a stop. The riding position will take some getting used to. When I started learning my first sport bike, I momentarily forgot how to countersteer in a wide corner. I believe that was because the riding position was so much different from a cruiser which is what I was used to. I must have been overthinking. Be careful not to underthink though. A sportbike is a lot different. I went slow on my first sportbike the whole first season I rode it. These big bores run well at 3000 rpm though and they will tolerate 2000 or 2500 if the engine isn't under much load.

Hello all,
I have been riding a Royal Enfield Classic 350cc for 3yrs (25k kms). I am thinking about buying the 3gen Hayabusa as my second bike , should i buy it or not ?

Three more cylinders and about a HUNDRED FIFTY more horsepower along with the weight increase. You didn’t mention your riding history but if you’re in Mumbai and have 25k kms on that 350cc Enfield chances are you haven’t ridden a sport bike, much less a Hayabusa. I’d (really) try to ride a sport bike first and then a Hayabusa.

Three more cylinders and about a HUNDRED FIFTY more horsepower along with the weight increase. You didn’t mention your riding history but if you’re in Mumbai and have 25k kms on that 350cc Enfield chances are you haven’t ridden a sport bike, much less a Hayabusa. I’d (really) try to ride a sport bike first and then a Hayabusa.
I am going to enter in the superbike category so then should i buy the z900 or the mighty buss?

The weight difference is only 150 lbs which is a lot less than I thought it would be. Still, 150 lbs is quite a bit and the Hayabusa seat height is probably higher which won't make it any easier. The weight will be most apparent at low speed like when you come to a stop. The riding position will take some getting used to. When I started learning my first sport bike, I momentarily forgot how to countersteer in a wide corner. I believe that was because the riding position was so much different from a cruiser which is what I was used to. I must have been overthinking. Be careful not to underthink though. A sportbike is a lot different. I went slow on my first sportbike the whole first season I rode it. These big bores run well at 3000 rpm though and they will tolerate 2000 or 2500 if the engine isn't under much load.
Should i get a z900 as my first superbike?

A Z900 would seem to be a more similar bike but the seat height is the same as the Hayabusa and I really think that seat height is one main difference between operating a sportbike and a cruiser. The forward leaning upper body and high, rear positioned foot pegs are others. Of course, the power is very different but a busa is docile enough at low rpm.

If money is no object and you can afford to switch up to a busa in a couple years, get a smaller sportbike. I think 600s are awesome. If you can't afford to loose on resale or trade in, I'd go right to the busa now. Be careful and respect it's power. I was used to the weight of a 1500 cc cruiser but when I first started learning my ZX-14, I went on very short rides working from 5 minutes up to 15 minutes. The concentration that was required was mentally taxing and it would have been unsafe to ride longer than that. To me, a large sportbike was very different from the cruisers I had been riding. I think you're going to have the same experience. Obviously, a lighter bike is going to be closer to what you're used to. Sit on a busa and lift it off the side stand. Imagine rolling at low speed. That will give you some idea of what it will be like to operate that bike.

A Z900 would seem to be a more similar bike but the seat height is the same as the Hayabusa and I really think that seat height is one main difference between operating a sportbike and a cruiser. The forward leaning upper body and high, rear positioned foot pegs are others. Of course, the power is very different but a busa is docile enough at low rpm.

If money is no object and you can afford to switch up to a busa in a couple years, get a smaller sportbike. I think 600s are awesome. If you can't afford to loose on resale or trade in, I'd go right to the busa now. Be careful and respect it's power. I was used to the weight of a 1500 cc cruiser but when I first started learning my ZX-14, I went on very short rides working from 5 minutes up to 15 minutes. The concentration that was required was mentally taxing and it would have been unsafe to ride longer than that. To me, a large sportbike was very different from the cruisers I had been riding. I think you're going to have the same experience. Obviously, a lighter bike is going to be closer to what you're used to. Sit on a busa and lift it off the side stand. Imagine rolling at low speed. That will give you some idea of what it will be like to operate that bike.
Thanks for your explanation now i understand it completely .... So do u suggest me that i get a sports bike which a bit nimble, learn it and then upgrade?

I think that would be the best way! Grab yourself a GSX-R600 or a CBR600RR (Fast, reliable, easy to handle), update your Skills and after some Time, the Busa should be your goal. The Busa is no bike for newbies, you could drive this Bike very easy, but in some situations, the bike needs a strong hand and a well experienced rider. Your life is important, dont risk it, because you want to much power to fast!

....I was going to say, many people have made the jump to a Hayabusa and survived....your skill will improve as you spend time on the bike. It is very docile and only unleashes when you allow it to.

If you have spent 25,000kms on a bike in India and the crazy roads there, you can survive a Hayabusa.

I say go get one, learn the bike, take your time and be safe.

Have no regrets, life is full of them, wanting a Hayabusa and not getting one doesn't have to be one.

Thanks for your explanation now i understand it completely .... So do u suggest me that i get a sports bike which a bit nimble, learn it and then upgrade?
You can't go wrong by starting off with a smaller bike. The 600s are actually more of a track ready race bike. They have lots of power in the upper revs. If you're into road race style riding and you're not too large of a person, a 600 will be much better suited for that. A Hayabusa is good on a road racing track but unless you are exceptionally skilled, the 600s will be running past you in the corners. A Hayabusa is more of a drag racing and top speed machine. I've never owned a 600 but I'm sure I'm flexible enough to get on one and ride for a while. I'm 6' 2" and 230 lbs in normal clothes. I have a friend the same size as me and in a lot better shape, he's been riding his 600 for 10 years. He's 66 years old now. Everyone who's into road racing says learning to handle a small bike will make you a much better rider on a large bike.

If I had a 600, I would keep it even after buying a 1000 or a Hayabusa. I love the screaming sound of those high revving engines and they just sound plain bad ass at an idle too. Put a nice loud aftermarket exhaust on them and the sound is the best of all bikes. Only problem, even if you're 25 years old, you won't want to go on long rides with a 600. You'll be cramped up and humming at a pretty high rpm even doing legal highway speed. By contrast, Hayabusas are great for long highway trips.

FYI
SV650 is decent, but will starve one cylinder of oil if you wheelie them, so there Are better bikes to learn on.
:laugh: If you're learning to wheelie, a track oriented 600 is probably the best place to start. Like I said, I never owned a 600 but it sure seems like a whole lot less bike to handle in extreme situations. I learned to do low power wheelies on my ZX-14 and busa but I'd probably be a lot better at it if I had learned on a 600. 600s are cool in their own way, Hayabusas are cool in a different way. I wouldn't say one was better than the other, just different. That's why I'd definitely have both if I could. If you own more than one bike, it's best if they each provide a different riding experience.

If you can wheelie one, you can wheelie them all...but each bike is different and you'll need to get a feel for how it handles.
Although I have definitely never owned a bike based on it's wheelie abilities, I've owned several which were wheelie maniacs but was never a wheelie guy.

It was fun wheeling by my sons in the day and slapping their helmets on the way by...they thought I was completely nuts which is always a good thing to have them think.

Some of your wheelie buddies are on this video-go to 4:20. There's a Hayabusa in this mix and although it isn't wheeling, the sound it is making going through the traps (7:37) is ferocious...

Last edited:
The best learning bike is an SV650 Suzuki. I think you can learn on a Busa as it can be a very docile bike if you control your wrist. But drop the SV 650 a few times, learn to ride it and you will be ready for a trouble-free Busa life.
Thats true! This bike is so neutral, so forgiving, with so much character, a fine V2 Engine. Its cheap, easy to handle, not agressive, but also not boring. As SV650X with the special Handle Bars its unique riding......i miss this bike. So should i think about a second bike to? And where will you find my body, after i tell this to my wife? :D

Yes, even tho the busa is very refined in its power delivery, and comfortable, a person not used to ACTUALLY how quick this bike moves, you will think you're doing 65-70, and actually at 135..it gains steam deceptively fast..someone coming from a low cal bike better keep respect in mind, and learn this type of bike.l

Is he interested in a wheelie bike?:confused: The SV650 is a great bike, same size as the original Triumph Bonneville but
D49CDD6D-A1CB-43B5-B79A-86F4AC92B6B2.jpeg
7B7CCFA7-C360-443E-A8AD-9E576148E588.jpeg
1350B600-4379-4F17-A36C-9A9F4ED09623.jpg
faster, stops better and handles better. My daughter loved hers and I put a lot of miles on it too. If you’re interested in a Z900, consider the RS version, Cafe or standard. Lots of power and maybe the easiest bike to ride that I’ve ever ridden. I really like my RS. The new colors are nice too.

Is he interested in a wheelie bike?:confused: The SV650 is a great bike, same size as the original Triumph Bonneville but View attachment 1643914View attachment 1643915View attachment 1643916faster, stops better and handles better. My daughter loved hers and I put a lot of miles on it too. If you’re interested in a Z900, consider the RS version, Cafe or standard. Lots of power and maybe the easiest bike to ride that I’ve ever ridden. I really like my RS. The new colors are nice too.

I don't know, but it's a good thing to know...wouldn't you say?
I know many a rider that liked to pull wheelies, some got good at it.
The SV650 is Not the bike to find that out the hard way on.

Back