Should I be worried

swimmer7946

Registered
I've been doin my own bike maintenance for the last 10 years or so, so i'm not a complete rookie. For some OCD reason I pour all the old oil into the empty quart containers. I was a little concerned that the oil in did nt equal the oil out about 2/3 quart less going out. I didn't notice a low oil reading in the site glass or anything, could be a number of things. I figure i'm ok even if the bike was up to a quart low. any thoughts???

This is normal and nothing to be concerned about unless you are a procrastinator. It seems those than break the bikes in like Zuki Specifies have this scenerio. Those that hit it hard within the first 7 miles don't. Can't explain why but that's what has been reported. I do the same thing as far as pouring the old into the used containers. Lets you know if you need to speed up the swaps or if you have a cushion. The running a bit low issue is why I'm running synthetic
wink.gif

Did you take in to account the oil that stays in the filter
rock.gif

yeah i figured it had something to do with oil left in filter, and no i don't procrastinate, every 3000 miles. how much oil blow by is acceptable? My 97 F3 NEVER consumed any oil. I have 8500 on the od...should i switch to synthetic..i've heard things like leaks mysteriously happening and that sort of thing.

Back