I see nothing in the oil site glass

MOTORCITYBUSA

Registered
Ok thanks to this forum I gather my nuts together & did my first oil change. I did everything u guys said with what I got. I got her on a Pit Bull rear stand warmed her up (but first got the left fairing off & later back on safely - thanks again fellas).  Un did the  drain bolt (the damn dealer didnt even put the crush washer on urrr) but after she drained I did). Poured Suzuki brand oil in her taking my time through this little funnel I had stopping here & there watching the the site glass. Before the drain the glass indicated half on the side stand. Now I wished I paid better attention to the site on the rear stand. She drained good as I was plotting my next move. But anyway I saw nothing in the glass after I ended up pour four quarts in her. Dont u guys think I should see something even on the side stand? Im gonna get her up level (someone will stand her up) before I wonder what is going on. Four quarts? Come on. I got her off the stand & took her for a "spirited ride" no leaks no warning lights shifting smooth. And no I didnt change the filter (next time).

Well what u all think? Thanks in advance.

busame.jpg

How many miles
rock.gif
I change the filter every change, my preference. On side stand I don't indicate in the sight glass, with 3.5 quarts I indicate about half sight glass with someone sitting on the bike.
4 quarts is probably above the full on the sight glass.

It gets easier everytime.

Take the bike off the stands, or side stand, balance the bike, look at the sight glass, if you don't see anything try tipping the bike towards the right a little just see how much lean it takes for you to see the oil.

You should have more than enough oil in there especially if you didn't change the filter. Are you sure you are not looking at oil in the sight glass, overfilled???

Damn guys im sorry I just gathered more nuts (and brains...i hope) & just took a knee & pulled her up steadied and vertical & peered at a full site glass. Now I know the bike has to be perfectly level to get a true reading. Im just surprised its that sensitive. As far as the filter? Still learning, I bought a new filter with an end cap "wrench attachment" but couldnt get a wrench to the cap through the pipes even with a straight extension (more urrrr). Now Im learning I need a drive extension (back to Sears). With the sun coming down I didnt have the time I just wanted to get the fairing back on. I guess at 4000 miles per the manual I still have 6500 miles to go on a filter change when she gets to 10,500 miles. But I dont think I'm going to wait that long. My Gawd, bike maintenance can be rough on my own, but if I wanna ride right & keep bucks in my pocket I cant go running off to the dealer all the time...plus I feel better knowing I get things done myself. (with u guys helping) This forum is great!
bowdown.gif

Back