Oil Consumption with std. bore Wiseco pistons

feket663

Registered
Dear all!

I have a Busa K4 with std bore 13:1 compression pistons. The bike have about 40k miles on the speedo, and I think burn too much oil. On the last tour was about 621 miles and burnt about 1/5 quart of oil, and I don't ride with too high speed. I'm using a premium 10w-50 Castrol fully syntetic oil. How much the acceptable oil consumption on this config. Thanks for help and sorry for the bad english...

what kind of psi readings do you get when you do a compression check?

It wasn't compression check... About 1500 miles ago my mechanic renew the valve seals, and the intake valves, and after 200 miles broken the cam chain, renew the broken valves (11 piece) and the broken valve seals, and a pair of conrod bearings. On the pistons didn't seem oil ring fault. The bike don't smoking, runs great.

it sounds like there's excessive oil consumption. Sounds like the motor has had a few rebuilds. Do a leak down to confirm if it's the head or the rings.

I had an issue with a Wiseco kit on another bike I had, the oil rings were fine, it turned out there was ring(cant remember the exact name) but it was missing a small prong that lined up to each side of the ring, they overlapped causing oil to get by and excessive use. Not saying that is your issue, but it was with mine.

If i didn't see soot under the oil rings i think these are good condition. Before my mechanic install the valves in the machine shop did a valve job and seat cutting. Replaced every valve seals, no smoke, WHERE TO DISAPPEAR THE OIL???:cursin: :banghead:

oil has got to be going somewhere... how do the valves look? any external leaks? What color is the inside of the exhaust? How does the airbox crankcase vent filter look?

oil has got to be going somewhere... how do the valves look? any external leaks? What color is the inside of the exhaust? How does the airbox crankcase vent filter look?

The inside of exhaust is dark brown. Isn't any external oil leaks. I don't know, how do the valves look, because I don't need disassemble the motor one of these days.
Thanks for help everyone!

Hi, I still have the same high oil consumption on my Busa gen1 2007 even after replacing the rings and valve stem seals I am at 61000 miles on the bike so far, but months back I noticed that the valve guides are leaking oil to the combustion chamber when I was inspecting the problem. Believe me, I have done all the tests(leak down test and compression test) now I have decided to replace both the valve guides and valve stem seals, and also add more oil drain back holes on the pistons or make them a little bit bigger, I am tired of the exhaust smoke and high oil consumption...might be crazy but I know my problem will be sorted....

Back