Shopping Advice

Ben Busafied

Registered
New to the site, new to Busa's, any major changes in Busa's that make certain years more or less favorable? I know wear and tear depends on the bike but what's considered high mileage? Looks like a great site and expect I'll be researching for a while before breaking the news to my wife, this will be bike #3 and she wasn't thrilled about #2.... :whistle:

they changed the fuel pumps on 01 or 02 from external to internal. 99-01 were unrestricted, they put a 186 mph governer on em after that. You know, cause 187 mph is just way too fast:laugh: I think 99 and maybe 2000 had some recalls out for the cam chain? Im sure someone will know more aboiut that than me. Other than that they're all pretty much the same. thats all i can think of

Welcome to the oRg, not much else I can add, fastfrog summed it up well.

Silver is Fastest!! Welcome and i just traded my 04 for an 09 and there are major differences not only in power but handling,braking and suspension have all been refined on the Gen II (08-current) Lot of great people and info here!:beerchug:

oh, and 99-07 are gen1 and 09-11 gen2 with 2010 not really available in the lower 48. It would need to be imported from HI or our friends to the North

welcome! lots of good people here. i have an 08....gen 1.5 appearantly:whistle: lol
anyhow i love it and have no regrets what so ever.

Gen 2 is the way to go! Especially the 08 Blue/black/gold model!:whistle: Seriously the Gen 2 has many improvements over the Gen 1 out of the box!

Gen 2 is the way to go! Especially the 08 Blue/black/gold model!:whistle:

I agree with you :thumbsup:

DSC00542.jpg

Gen 2 is the way to go! Especially the 08 Black/Gray model!:whistle: Seriously the Gen 2 has many improvements over the Gen 1 out of the box!

Yup Gen 2...and I edited Warbird's post cause he meant to say something different:rofl::rofl:

:welcome:

i have had both gen I and gen II and decided to stay with the gen I, I guess the end of an era make the best choise...

busa haven.jpg

busa sides.jpg

Back