LIFE EXPECTANCY OF A BUSA

Tervlover

Registered
I've been having a few problems with mine and have been hearing from non Busa riders that this bike is a high performance bike, but it cannot stand the test of time. I'm curious to find out the year of your Busa, the mileage and what major work had to be done, if any.

YEAR?
MILEAGE?
MAJOR PROBLEMS?

From what I have seen the Busa will last a very long time if properly maintained.

Some of the guys on here have exceeded 100K.

Mine is an 05 with 21,700

Mine is at 14,500 with no issues. It needed a battery, but the bike is a 2003. If you take care of it, it will last a long time. The Hayabusa is a well built machine.

Actually, it's the most reliable sportbike around - that's pretty much common knowledge.

I've got 15k of HARD miles on my 06 and have run at least 40 two pound bottles of nitrous and no problems at all (knock on wood). I almost wish it would frag - I'm all set to go 1397cc with headwork and cams.

Ditto, trash talking, jealous pieces of shid. I digress.

'06

No problems.

I never even looked at my chain until 11.5K, just replaced it and the sprockets. Sprockets looked great. I kept them just in case. I've changed the rear brake pads for the second time recently.
Nothing but routine maintenance hear.

Now if they want to say something bout the rear tires that's fine because this bad boy eats them
rant.gif

53,127miles

Only problem has been;
Replaced fuel pump

Everything else has been scheduled maintenance or tires, chains, sprockets, etc...

Big O has over 104,000 miles on his...he rebuilt the motor @ about 65K, only had to do that because he ran it out of oil at a track day  
crazy.gif

Phatroy also put a 100K on his bike  
beerchug.gif
Charlesbusa has 53K+ on a '02 with no problems (other than a bad fuel pump).

Just keep the oil clean, change the spark plugs every 10-12k (book actually says every 7500 miles)but some people go 15-20k on plugs, flush the cooling system every two years, and your suppose to have the valves checked every 15k  
super.gif

I only have 7,000 on my Busa. Had Temp sensor go out that controls fan. Other than that nothing. Have 88 Honda Hurricane with 38,000 miles and had to replace Brake master cylinder and Fuel Pump, nothing else but tires, oil, plugs and a chain. Sports bikes can hold out for a long time if you take care of them.

2006 w/ 19.3k at 15 months old.
Nothing other than regular maintenance so far.

2002 never had any problems with the bike. Yes I did do a few pm's things. The engine is very well put together. As long as you take care of the service points you sholdn't have any problems.

I put 52,000 on my 02 and had to have the starter clutch and 2nd gear replaced.

I have over 22,000 on my 06LE with no prob's.

YEAR? 2003
MILEAGE? 3600 (That's right folk)
MAJOR PROBLEMS? Cost me $3k in mods within a month of having her...
super.gif

05....15k+ miles and nothing major yet....shes in with GoldenChild getting new sprockets and chain (was stock still), nitrous, swingarm maybe, valves checked, new oil pan (I stripped the plug), and the throttle bodies synced. Dang....that sounded like a lot.

Keep up on the routine stuff and you wont have any problems.

'02 with 16000miles. No problems. Decent maintenance. Hayabusa'a reputation is that it is bullet proof! Cheers to the engineers at Suzuki.
bowdown.gif

Back