Buying a used Hayabusa

tbur86

Registered
I am looking to buy a used busa and was wondering what where yall's thoughts on the amount of mileage on a used bike. One that has not been bored or broke open for engine mods. I know they are good for high mileage but I would rather not buy a used one with a high mileage count rather put those on my self :laugh:.

Need more details. How much? How many miles? How much are you looking to spend? What year? What mods?

Hayabusa engines are pretty bullet proof. Transmission problems can be caused at low mileage, so you need to check it out before you buy it regardless of mileage. Once you start getting over 40,000 miles, you'll be looking at replacing worn suspension parts, lower miles if you are an aggressive rider.

1375113_4849907905637_1905076924_n.jpg

Basically just looking for a number on mileage the price range probably around the 6-7,000.00 range. The year would depend on the mileage. Mods nothing major power commander, exhaust, and a stretch nothing as far as breaking open the motor.

That price range is right on the bubble... 7k is just a little shy of what gen2's have been going for around here lately 7.5k-8k If I was you I would just save up a little more till you have about that much and get a Gen2 busa

I just posted in a duplicate thread I guess, but someone just posted an '08 in great shape, lots of extras, and low mileage for 7500 or best offer :poke:

Buy the newest,lowest mileage bike you can afford(Gen II a plus as you're getting an extra 25+ hp and a couple other upgrades to boot).

It all depends on how the bike/engine was maintained. For example, I am currently selling my 08 Hayabusa with 32,xxx miles on it for $8,000. That sort of mileage may make people shy away from the purchase, but 90% of those miles are highway at 3500 RPM. All maintenance has been performed with top notch parts. You can generally know how well a bike has been taken care of by giving it a close inspection and asking the right questions. If you ask about a valve adjustment, and the seller blows off the question or answers it with an awkward answer, then you should be cautious. Some of us use our Hayabusa for touring/commuting and it is not uncommon to see bikes over 50,000 miles with zero problems.

If you are looking at a "high mileage" bike, then be sure about the quality and consistency of the maintenance and the knowledge of the seller.

Back