Shoei RF1200 vs GT-Air

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I am looking at a new helmet. My Shoei RF1100 is 6 years old and my last time at the track they let it slide but said it would not pass again. I love the RF1100 and Shoei in general. The GT-Air is a nice helmet but I just worry about the internal smoked visor. Seems in a big craxh that might be an issue and it's not SNell approved. Not a big deal on the street maybe but on the track I want all the protection I can get. Anyway are there any thoughts on these 2 helmets or helmets in general?

I don't know about the air but I like my 1100 better than my 1200. Not by much, they are both good helmets but IMHO the 1200 did not live up to the hype. It is a good helmet though, think I was just expecting more from the reviews.

well, I have a brand new RF1200 and although I have not rode my bike with it I can say its definitely the nicest best fitting helmet I've bought. and although its not as light as my previous helmet its better balanced on my head and actually feels lighter. the fit and finish is hard to beat. it blows my Bell Star Carbon away.

I looked at the GT-Air at revzilla wen I went there recently. its decent. kinda heavy tho but felt pretty good on my head. no snell rating tho. be a decent street helmet for sure and u do have the internal drop down.

I hav no clue how they wud hold up in a crash tho. prob just fine but I know a solid helmet will hold up better no doubt. especially if ur comparing it against the RF1200 which is snell rated. lots of ppl buy that helmet for a reason.

I bought mine in matt black cause I was gonna get it air brushed but have yet to do that.

Thanks all! Ended up going with RF1200. I felt the RF1100 was great and would buy one again so I figured the 1200 would work.

Late to the party. I have the gt air. I love the helmet. Does everything I need it to do. Also the for future buyers it is ece rated if bought overseas but since that means nothing here they don't put the certification on the helmet.

Back