Shoie RF1200 VS GT air 2

The RF1200 with the photochromatic visor is the ticket IMHO. The chromatic visor shades your full face and you put it on and forget it night or day. Only draw back is you can ride the GT Air with the visor up and the sunglasses down in the summer heat. I have had 2 RF1200's and I love the helmet. Now if you are looking for a touring helmet, try the Neotech 2. Awesome helmet, especially in the heat.

Forget the SENA com that is built in on the GT Air - garbage. Get a Packtalk Bold, hang it on the side of the RF1200 or Neotech and you will have about as good a setup as you are going to get. I have all the SENA units and my Cardo is king.

Thing about helmets are they are an expensive gamble to get just the right one-what works for one person doesn't always work for another.

The gang here will steer you in the right direction though.

I know you are looking at shoei and going to spend a few bucks. I tried several helmets as I have been riding 52 years. I found Arai helmets superior to all of them. The feel of the fabric on my face is sooo soft and yet fits snug. They also have different pad sizes for I think $37 to custom fit to perfection on your face after you choose your egg size and shape. The Aria should be close in price to what your looking at. I know he wasn't asking about Aria, but friends forget about other high quality lids. I'm never going to wear any other brand. No I haven't been compensated. LOL

Back