Help helmet problem best helmet is???

jeepinocala

Registered
I have a hjc pretty much middle line helmet having problems with air comming up under the chin area what is the best helmet to replace it with that does not have any problems? Not a cheap one I go fast and dont want it to just splatter:whistle: Was thinking of a shoie x or rf something like that? around $400 give or take.

brand new Shoei RF-1000 for $200 shipped good enough for ya? http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SHOEI-RF-10...main_0&var=&hash=item870b005913#ht_3140wt_911

and peeps here like shoei: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/polls/93483-who-makes-preferred-helmet-10.html

!Bu85juwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EvOwFNpbRBMClCVQ6g!~~_3.JPG

Last edited:
Buy an Arai Corsair-V on special somewhere....they can be found out there if you look. One of...if not the best helmet available.

shoei and arai are the best in my opinion.
I have owned a rf100 and just bought a x12. I also have an arai rx7 corsair.
The x12 is a fine helmet but the arai has far better ventilation. that was a big disappointment for me when i got my x12. air is just ok with this helmet. My complaint with arai is the visor changing system. ive broken some aspect of it 3 times now and getting parts from arai is next to impossible. Plus the pads on the inside wore down too fast in my opinion. Thats my chief complaints with arai. Fit is everything though... good luck:beerchug:

One little thing many forget is the chin skirt. The littlepiece that goes on helmet under your chin. Doesnt matter the make of helmet but with this in it will prevent helmet from lifting as well as stopping air from coming in.

+100. got it. love it! :cheerleader:

Hey just bought one:rulez: What a killer price and not to mention I found the size I needed from my local rip off store and no helmet feels as good as a shoie:thumbsup: Thank you very much for showing me that great deal.:bowdown:

Hey just bought one:rulez: What a killer price and not to mention I found the size I needed from my local rip off store and no helmet feels as good as a shoie:thumbsup: Thank you very much for showing me that great deal.:bowdown:

I am King EL CHEAPO, glad to have helped another orgster find a bargain :thumbsup: I have been trying VERY HARD not to buy one (already have a Shoei, an Arai and Icon) BUT that price is so darn good for a new Shoei RF-1000!!!!

To me I felt better in it then the rf1100 I tried both of them on and a aria the aria really felt uncomfortable the rf1000 felt nice the rf1100 was probably the same but I did not care for the fin being part of the helmet. Either way great price these are still selling for alot in the stores. Oh and the store said price 459 but we will give 30% off I thought:moon:

I have a hjc pretty much middle line helmet having problems with air comming up under the chin area what is the best helmet to replace it with that does not have any problems? Not a cheap one I go fast and dont want it to just splatter:whistle: Was thinking of a shoie x or rf something like that? around $400 give or take.

The best helmet is the one that fits you perfect. Fitment is extremely paramount to your safety and the chance of you surviving a crash with minimal head injuries. MY favs are Arai, Shoei and Shark Helmets, but then again it really depends on your head shape. Some brands are known to make different internal shapes. Arai has the most widely available helmet models with different internal head-shapes for a semi custom fit for most anyone.

It will all depend on the fit and how comfortable it feels. Every helmet is different as is everyone head shape. Arai and AGV did not fit my swede, ended going with HJC HQ1 Carbon Fibre. :thumbsup:

I bought my first Arai about a year or so back and love it.. before that I owned KBC's, HJC's, Scorpion, and Fullmer..

Back