Suzuki RF 1000 helmet?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
My dealer has a new (last years) Shoei RF 1000 helmet done up in Suzuki colors. He told me 50% off or $255.00. The RF 1000 is now the RF1100. Good helmets but I want to know if this is a good deal? Arai Quantum 2's on close out are $299, No tax or shipping if I send it to my buddies house in Pennsylvania 8 miles away. Any thoughts..I have an RF900 and use it for track days but like my Nolan Classic 100 flip front due to my glasses. Over distance the Nolan gets annoying with the wind noise plus the comfort on the Shoei's I think is better! Opinions please. Thanks Wardie

Love my RF-1000, great middle-ground helmet. Fit is good and the quick-change shield system is the best I've had.

ive got the rf1k and i love it. im gonna try a x11 or 12 next though. the only thing i want more from my 1k is better chin vent to help with fogging.

Be careful not to make the mistake of thinking that the RF-1000 and RF-1100 are the same helmet. There are some significant differences. As far as the RF-1000, I love mine. I had a couple of HJC full face helmets before and this is way better. I did expect better fog protection for what the helmet cost, but it's not a huge problem. The biggest advantage that I've noticed is smaller exterior dimensions for a given head size, versus other helmets. That directly translates into more comfort at higher speeds. Although the RF-1100 is a slightly nicer helmet, I'd still have to go with the RF-1000 for a price like $255.

If the Stealer has the size/color that works for ya I don't know how you can beat that price.....if you google that Helmet nothing comes close to $255

Love my RF1000....have to agree about the fogging though!

The matching colors Hayabusa RF1000 helmets from Suzuki listed out in the high 400 dollar range. I paid 325 for mine and love it (quiet, comfortable and light) I'd say 255.00 is a good deal.

I had a RF1000 and the rear spoiler blew off. Im shure that's not too common though. by the way those things really do make a differance without it my helmet kept trying to lift off. I have a X11 now like it it could vent better and I really like the looks of the RF1100.

I have had a RF-1100 now for about 3 weeks, by far the best helmet I have ever owned.

Its like having you head in a down feather blanket, highly recommend

Okay guys here's the helmet I scored. It's a Shoei RF 1000 in TC2 colors. In other words it matches the 2008/09 blue Hayabusas. Lists for $579.00 and I got it for $255.00. I love it! Here's some pics! Wardie

I got the helmet from Andrewqs Cycyles in Salem, Ohio. The parts manager is Junior. His number is 330-332-8534. He has ONE Shoei RF 900 brand new has blue Suzuki colors size xl and he only wants $75. If I knew of any friends it would be a heck of a Christmas present or whatnot. If you need a helmet he has one left. Comes with Shoei owners manual and Shoei sock.

052.jpg

053.jpg

Back