Shifting gears?

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i've noticed when i UPSHIFT i come off the throttle, and when she gets into the next higher gear she slows down a bit from the engine torque [engine breaking]. should i be keeping the throttle open a little more or is this the nature of the beast? happens when i'm a little aggressive [by my standards
biggrin.gif
] around my 6000 rpm shift.
biggrin.gif

with the harley i would shift this way [almost closed throttle] and she did'nt engine break on upshift.

just got off the phone with a harley bud and mechanic, he tells me that i just have to get used to the new bike and i'll proppably have to open the throttle a little more on aggressive upshifts.

then again on the busa i dont think you have to shift
biggrin.gif

so...i think i have to get used to the bike more and open up the throttle a little more on upshifts...right?

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Exactly - I had a harley too and i was doing the same thing!
Every shift -especialy lower gears - i would lurch foward a little- I just learned to shift differently.... Quicker and gas sooner I guess?
this is a joke aint it? You got me.

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147111631 -->

you have to "blip" the throttle... your rpms when you release the clutch need to be close to where they were before you pulled in the clutch when you let it back out after shifting. Hope that makes since... Its just like a car... you let off the gas, push the clutch, shift, let the clutch out at the same time as you push the gas pedal again. Do that an your shifts will be much smoother. Works for me!
smile.gif

speed shift it at 6000 rpm's and don't use the clutch, sometimes I don't even realize it shifted it's so smooth.

you have to "blip" the throttle... your rpms when you release the clutch need to be close to where they were before you pulled in the clutch when you let it back out after shifting.  Hope that makes since...  Its just like a car... you let off the gas, push the clutch, shift, let the clutch out at the same time as you push the gas pedal again.  Do that an your shifts will be much smoother.  Works for me!
smile.gif
+1 you need to be back on the throttle faster.

you have to "blip" the throttle... your rpms when you release the clutch need to be close to where they were before you pulled in the clutch when you let it back out after shifting.  Hope that makes since...  Its just like a car... you let off the gas, push the clutch, shift, let the clutch out at the same time as you push the gas pedal again.  Do that an your shifts will be much smoother.  Works for me!
smile.gif
+1 you need to be back on the throttle faster.
+2
biggrin.gif

no joke guido4512. thanks all. i need to back on the throttle faster. thanks again.

I hardly ever use the the clutch except in first either going up or down, just a little throttle control she she clicks right up or drops right down...

Back