Shes making funny noises

aicwould

Registered
Hello all,
05 busa with around 11,000 miles... she is making a clunking sound only sometimes when I take off from a stoplight. I am thinking something in the tranny because revving it doesn’t make the sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gib

Hello all,
05 busa with around 11,000 miles... she is making a clunking sound only sometimes when I take off from a stoplight.  I am thinking something in the tranny because revving it doesn’t make the sound.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gib
From all the posts I have read, and I could be wrong here, you need to check your chain and sprockets.

hogger...

Hogger is on the right track! Check the cush drive in the rear sproket carrier also to make sure they aren't getting worn out.
smile.gif

The cush drive on my 04 was messed up from the factory. It made a clunking noise that soundled like it was coming from the tranny, but the noise was being transmitted down the chain. Dealer replaced cush assy under warrenty, noise was gone.

Don

Check your chain stretch... it may be that you need to tighten your chain... I was hearing a similar noise, tightened my chain and viola! Noises gone. When the chain gets loose, it starts bouncing around the sprocket which is what you hear.... if the chain is too streched out, replacing it isn't hard.... also, the cush drive setup isn't difficult to pull since you would be doing the same thing --- just remove the rear wheel and pull the sprocket and cover off...

chain mines was doing the samething 2 weeks ago replaced the chain and sprokets running like a champ mine started making noises around 13.5K.

Back