Serious Heat

nickespi

Registered
So I just bought a new 07 Busa, and I must say it is a new world. I'm coming off a GSX-R1000, and even though they share ideas they are worlds apart. Thus, I'm a little concerned about the amount of heat this thing is putting out. My liter bike never got this hot and stayed this hot if I remember right. I can feel serious heat on the right side and it seems when in town, the fan is working like crazy. Is this normal? If so, is it a good normal or a bad normal that every Busa owner comes up against and has to correct? Thanks for any input.

Well normal is very subjective but I'd say we've seen this a time or two.
What are the temps like in your neck of the woods this time of year?
Have you taken a peek into the radiator and overflow when she's cooled down?
Let us know what you find and we can steer you in the right direction.
Some solutions to your problem are Muzzy Fan Blade, Water Wetter, but only when the system is operating as designed........

South florida rider here.. and my 05 temp guage stays in the middle area.. and I rarely hear the fan come on. I don't do a crapload of heavy traffic riding, but occasionally I get caught up in a jam, with the temp stays the same.

good luck, and hope it's nothing major for ya
beerchug.gif

I never had her run more than a little over the middle line even in traffic,but the fan does work like crazy sometimes.She has alot of motor and she's a big girl so she runs warm. More power=more heat.Design of body work may also direct heat in a different manner to the rider also.

Right now the riding weather is upper 60's, so not super warm. Now when noticed it traffic was really thick, but the temp never really went more than a little past half way. I was justfreaking out when I shut off the bike at one point and the needle was at the top.

For the Gen 1 Busa (before '08), if it's running at the middle, and the fan comes on when it's a tick over, then it's operating properly. Sometimes in extended heavy traffic, mine runs just above the middle. The manual says to turn it off if the red light (in the temperature gauge) comes on.

Every engine heats up alittle after you shut in down. It's normal.

I have a GSXR 750 and compared to that, the Busa does put out a little hear. You are going to feel some heat coming from under the fairinr, and that is normal. If you're heavy traffic the fan will come on and that is a good thing. From what you've said, it sounds like whats happening is normal, as long as your temp gauge is staying close to the middle you're probably OK.

someone can correct me if im wrong but dont some headers put off more heat than others which will effect the radiatior temp especialy when sitting too long in heavy traffic

Mine would run hotter than I liked when in trafic, so I put a Muzzy fan on it, about 40 dollars and some water wetter, about 8 dollars and havent had any problem since. Well worth the time and money. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Thanks for all the input and calming my fears. Its like I'm a new dad all over. Wait till she gets her first scratch, grown man crying!

Busas hate traffic, especially long lights or stand still traffic. The GenII beefed up the fan(s). A GenI mod is to add a fan. I just avoid heavy traffic when I can
beerchug.gif

Man you oughtta try sitting at a stop light here in Phoenix when it's 115 out. Yeah it's a dry heat right? Yeah like a broiler oven. Anyway yes your bike is normal. It puts out quite a bit of heat. No biggie, nothing to worry about. I still need to put the Muzzy blade on and add a second fan. Hopefully that will get done this summer.

the busa's do put out some heat especially around the frame area but is a nice feature in the winter when your riding!! Wonder if suzuki included the leg warmer feature in their specs?
laugh.gif

I put a Honda fan switch in the radiator, fan comes on about 40* sooner.

Found the topic here on the forum. Do not have time to do a search for you.

IN traffic its always warm , and the right side is a little warmer on my bike too !

Man you oughtta try sitting at a stop light here in Phoenix when it's 115 out.  Yeah it's a dry heat right? Yeah like a broiler oven.  Anyway yes your bike is normal.  It puts out quite a bit of heat.  No biggie, nothing to worry about.  I still need to put the Muzzy blade on and add a second fan.  Hopefully that will get done this summer.
+1

I have an 07 as well and was surprised at the heat my Busa put out, especially when crawling at 10 mph. The heat from to engine seems to come out the side and directly onto my shins,

With that being said, I've never had any heat issues, my temp gauge stays just below the middle line.

Back