Whats typical temp gauge reading on Gen1 Busa?

NuckaMan

Registered
Just got a used Busa and still getting familiar with the bike.

since mine did not come with the owners manual, I thought I'd ask here.

Whats typical temp gauge reading?

When I'm cruising, air going through the radiator, my temp gauge is just shy of about half way between the bottom and half-way mark.

When in traffic, it will creep up just over half way of the same region (between the bottom and half-way dash).

Is this considered normal? I just wanted to make sure because the motor sure puts out some serious heat under normal riding conditions (and mild outside temp). My balls are still damp!!!!

Normally just below half on my '06. It would rise in heavy traffic and in stand still mode peg with a little red light if you didn't get out of it quick.

Same thing mine does too. Cooling fan kicks on when the needle gets to the half way mark. I had to set through several traffic lights in a row at an intersection construction in low 90's temps once, needle only went to the top of the half way mark where the fan kept it untill I got going again. Bike stayed cooler than I did.:laugh:

Thanks everyone. Just wanted to make sure.

This place is freaking great. It's pretty much a online tech support. Makes the newbs like myself rest easier for technical issues, especially when I like to do things myself.

I switched to amsoil 10w-40 (no i dont sell it) and I am convinced that my bike an '08 -runs cooler. Also you may want to check into the muzy fan blade mod for Gen 1's to increase air flow thru the radiator.

I switched to amsoil 10w-40 (no i dont sell it) and I am convinced that my bike an '08 -runs cooler. Also you may want to check into the muzy fan blade mod for Gen 1's to increase air flow thru the radiator.

Is it dyno or synthetic? What did you have before?

Back