Sell Antique Gun Online?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I have an antique rifle to sell, and I am looking for info on how to do so legally, and post it online...somewhere.
It's been in my family since before the Revolutionary war.
My folks said to take it (its at their house), but my wife doesn't want it hanging on the wall. So, they said just sell it.
I hate to sell it, but it needs to be displayed somewhere.
I took it to the NRA museum in Fairfax , VA about 10 years ago. The curator told me it was a fowling gun, custom made for hunting. It's almost 6' long, and has been converted from flint lock to percussion cap.
He said it's in fireable condition, but I wouldn't risk it.
The quality is amazing, as it will Balance on one finger in the middle of gun.
He also said it was valued around $4k to $5k. Hopefully it's gone up a little in 10 years, lol.
Sorry, I have no pics at the moment.
There's also a bayonet that goes with it.
The bayonet is from another gun (my great grand mothers house was looted when she died over 30 years ago. She had dozens of antique guns. This gun and this bayonet was the only one they didn't get).
So, my question is; does anyone have info or experience selling something like this?
I'm just starting to look into selling it, and any advice is appreciated.
I know modern guns, but this is beyond me.
Thanks

Hang onto it if you can. Something like this that has been in your family for so long is irreplaceable. I would love to possess something unique and valuable which has been passed down through generations. Once it's gone you will never be able to get it back. Keep it and pass it down to your family when the time comes.

Hang onto it if you can. Something like this that has been in your family for so long is irreplaceable. I would love to possess something unique and valuable which has been passed down through generations. Once it's gone you will never be able to get it back. Keep it and pass it down to your family when the time comes.

That had always been the plan, and I've always enjoyed it's history.
But eventually, you're just accumulating stuff.
So, if the price is right, it may be time to let go.
Let someone else enjoy it.

Gunbroker is great. I wold speak to a local shop for laws etc. They vary greatly by state. This is considered an antique so it should not be very hard to do.

I've got a 1K...that needs an engine :)

Ide seriously consider it, only I can't really spend the cash to rebuild it now.
Wish I could, but too many irons in the fire at the moment.
I am open to bike trades though.
Gsxr1k, TL1k, or ?

Lol, I know right.
TL's are wheelie machines.
....I wonder if their engines starve for oil when you tip them back?
Now you've got me thinking.

What does it need?
When I hear engine, I automatically think $2k+( and if I have to rebuild it, ported head, cams, ect, $$$, I can't leave well enough alone).
Ide also never hear the end of it if I bring home another project.

Back