Need an opinion on PRIVATE GUN SALE..

If you have doubts go to any federally liscenced dealer and have him purchase(of course you will have to put the money up)and transfer to you. Cost you 25.00 bucks or so. If the guy is above aboard he should have no problem with this...

Here in Va we don't have to list any guns on our CCW. I think you can buy up to 5 guns a day as long as you have a CCW. I have never heard of a serial number being listed here.

Ill take 5 of those, please.:laugh:

In NY you have to trade your first born for a pistol permit. I live upstate, yet the issues in NYC have go state wide in with this kind of thing. That, and my county just hates pistols. My understanding is even a traffic ticket can keep ya from gettin one, they just dont like giving em out. Im not about to donate $500 for a background check that will find a stack off traffic tickets taller than me either:whistle:

If you have doubts go to any federally liscenced dealer and have him purchase(of course you will have to put the money up)and transfer to you. Cost you 25.00 bucks or so. If the guy is above aboard he should have no problem with this...

this.

i only buy from dealer with ncis ran...i was offered a S & W ar15 .223 the other day for 600 just built my other one and didnt feel i needed to buy that one.

An officer that runs a weapon through NCIC without having the weapon in hand, will eventually wish he had not. Best is to check with local LE and arrange to take it into a station to have it run through NCIC. Another is to deal only with licensed FA dealers. Having a weapon run through NCIC does not guarantee it is not stolen or has been used in a crime. It just means it is not in the data base. A "good deal" is not always a good deal. Any time you purchase used firearms there is a degree of risk. If saving a little money is worth being arrested and having to prove your innocent ....
Always have a paper trail and a witness (credible witness).

An officer that runs a weapon through NCIC without having the weapon in hand, will eventually wish he had not. Best is to check with local LE and arrange to take it into a station to have it run through NCIC. Another is to deal only with licensed FA dealers. Having a weapon run through NCIC does not guarantee it is not stolen or has been used in a crime. It just means it is not in the data base. A "good deal" is not always a good deal. Any time you purchase used firearms there is a degree of risk. If saving a little money is worth being arrested and having to prove your innocent ....
Always have a paper trail and a witness (credible witness).

Steve I'm curious about this.
Let's say you walk in with gun and I would assume seller and ask to have it run to make sure you the buyer will be ok.
Gun comes back stolen .
Then what?
Both of the parties will be standing in a police station in possession of a stolen firearm.
Would the gun not be immediately confiscated and owner/seller be arrested and processed ?

I've probably bought sold and owned close to 500 guns in my short 20 or so yrs of being able to and I've always made sure that I was confident of origin of weapon but never wanted to have one run due to my thought above.
What's your take on that .

A party walks into station asks for a gun check.
You run it and it's stolen .
Are you then gonna give it back to them and tell potential buyer to pass and have a nice day :)

Steve I'm curious about this.
Let's say you walk in with gun and I would assume seller and ask to have it run to make sure you the buyer will be ok.
Gun comes back stolen .
Then what?
Both of the parties will be standing in a police station in possession of a stolen firearm.
Would the gun not be immediately confiscated and owner/seller be arrested and processed ?

I've probably bought sold and owned close to 500 guns in my short 20 or so yrs of being able to and I've always made sure that I was confident of origin of weapon but never wanted to have one run due to my thought above.
What's your take on that .

A party walks into station asks for a gun check.
You run it and it's stolen .
Are you then gonna give it back to them and tell potential buyer to pass and have a nice day :)

Two parties can't process the same gun at the same time. If it's stolen the gun isn't going home with either party. The selling party is at best going to have some detailed explaining to do, most likely have bail to make. The potential buyer is not involved other than perhaps as a witness. The only exception is gun turn in programs where guns can be turned in no questions asked. The gun doesn't leave to station but the owner can. Even then I wouldn't consider it slam dunk immunity.

My Son won't run guns for me because of the risk of it being stolen or sought and he doesn't have it in his possession. Even if it's not the Dept. still demands to know the circumstances of him encountering and running a check on it in the first place. Using Dept. resources for personal or family gain is not a valid reason to run a firearm thru the system.

Isnt it just a little disturbing that with the state of terrorism these days (both foreign and domestic), that in a LOT of states, its about 10 times easier to buy and sell a gun than it is a car??
AND, since its about as easy to get a gun across state lines as it is an ice cream cone across state lines, having a strict law in one state and a relaxed law in another might as well make it relaxed in all states.
I find that to be out of balance in the world we're living in.
When TEENAGERS show up in a high school armed with assault rifles, automatic weapons, etc and kill fellow students and teachers, you've just GOT to think that its just WAY to easy to get that weapon.
:poke:

Hey did you know that over 300 million legally owned guns in this country DIDN'T KILL ANYONE TODAY ?
When kids get guns and take them to school it's not the guns fault it's the parents.
You should be more concerned with that than worried how easy it is to buy because an overwhelming number of guns and their owners are of zero threat to anyone.

More teenagers die every year from auto accidents. Maybe it is a drivers license that is too easy to get.... :whistle:

Read my post again... I made no mention about legal guns in the hands of RESPONSIBLE people.
I AM concerned about how easily an unbalanced person is able to obtain that gun.

I read it. I'm simply pointing out that you would have to pass the strictest of laws affecting more than 75 million people in this country in hopes of stopping the next single unbalanced person. Thats an incalculable percentage. We have to stop being such sissies when it comes to putting away these people before they do something. Almost every single one has exhibited strange signs of behavior before hand.

You know I'm on your side blanca, but if people read half of the crazy crap we joke about just on this site they would lock us all up!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

You know I'm on your side blanca, but if people read half of the crazy crap we joke about just on this site they would lock us all up!

Sent from my IPhone using Apple and AT&T.

Yes I know , crazy to talk about and ride 200hp at 200mph huh :laugh:

Back