Selfmod...Yoshi snobbie...

(MC MUSTANG @ Mar. 20 2007,09:14) Pic deleted per request...
Thank you Shawn...
bowdown.gif

(BUSADOOK @ Mar. 20 2007,10:24) Why don't you just let us all know whene you are going to start it and we can all go outside and here it for ourselves!!LOL!! i like the looks of the short can's, but that's really short. why do some yosh exhausts come out of the left side, and others out of the right side?
I donno...those irlanders are driving in the right side of the car, so they must be using like a their left is our right or their right is our left...@#$%^&*&^%$^$##%^% you confusing the heck out of me...
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I just come back from the test ride...anyone thinkin about this mod? better start right away...its not just screamming loud...it handles different, alot smoother n softer(as far as Yoshi goes I guess...) and definetly aggressive like just had a steroid shot and got out on HWY...I've had this bike for 2 yrs now, that I know all about it...and I know as a heartattack it never ever this crispy throttle response...Boy my helmet was way too tight, due to the grin on my ugly mug all the time...(I did PCIIIr N Yoshi from the dealer ever since it was new...and probably cuz of the small box mod was done, prior to this mod and it was helping it...)

And the sounds...when its idleing its about the same, so as you wondering in local streets its never going to buzz neibors button...
In the HWY 5~6k...D musical comes around...
jump9.gif

I was bit happier when I do each mod..."BUT THIS WAS A BOMB"

In my mind I kept on hearing says..."should done it long time ago...ago...ago..."
So, if anyone have quest then post it here...
super.gif

PICT0554__Small_.JPG

(extreemachine @ Mar. 20 2007,08:40) I would say surrounding neighbors or towns(LOL) know when you are going riding now.  
beerchug.gif
Nah...it isn't that bad...but it will let you know I'm comming in the HWY...
wink.gif

(tinbender0 @ Mar. 20 2007,14:27) What did you use to cut the carbon fiber and how did you keep it straight??? No problem with the insides???DETAILS!!!! I've been really thinking about doing mine but I haven't had the nerve to hack mine up yet!!!
super.gif
I was just like you...I've had bunch of what ifs
rock.gif
so I bought revet kit and dremel and returned next day...all over again...again...after 3 times returnning back to Home Depot...this time can't do it any more...cuz everyone in the shop start recognizes me...
rock.gif
so, this time I just charged up the 18V sawz all...and just start chopping the shed out of em...(so theres no return...)
laugh.gif

Anyway, the whole process wasn't too bad...it was first time, thats why it took me 2~3 hours(most of the time I was figuring out...) and I had to go back to the home depot for get more metal cuttin wheels(those lil shed wore out fast...) and I forgot to buy me a safty goggles...
crazy.gif
I had to wear my helmet to cutting the inside pipes...
mad.gif
was hot as he11...

rock.gif

(omslaw @ Mar. 20 2007,19:23)
(hydrabusa @ Mar. 20 2007,21:10) I had to wear my helmet to cutting the inside pipes...
mad.gif
was hot as he11...
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
  Where da pics???    
poke.gif
laugh.gif
man I couldn't take a pic, cuz I was covered with fiverglass and i was hot in that thing, I just couldn't do it...
crazy.gif

(omslaw @ Mar. 20 2007,22:23)
(hydrabusa @ Mar. 20 2007,21:10) I had to wear my helmet to cutting the inside pipes...
mad.gif
was hot as he11...
  Where da pics???    
poke.gif
+100

you dont have neighbors? all you had to do was ask them to be a photographer while you cut
pissed.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Mar. 20 2007,19:45)
mad.gif
was hot as he11...
  Where da pics???    
poke.gif
+100

you dont have neighbors? all you had to do was ask them to be a photographer while you cut
pissed.gif
I was wayyy...serious when I was doing it...more of concerntrating it...and by the way...it was my Shark helmet...pics below
tounge.gif

My_new_lid_3_004__Small_.jpg

(hydrabusa @ Mar. 20 2007,20:55)
(badassbusa03 @ Mar. 20 2007,19:45)
mad.gif
was hot as he11...
  Where da pics???    
poke.gif
+100

pissed.gif
I was wayyy...serious when I was doing it...more of concerntrating it...and by the way...it was my Shark helmet...pics below  
tounge.gif
Sweet pipes and lid!
beerchug.gif

lol could u please give us a turn by turn direction of how you did that lol hahah i got the new 421 round carbon cans on 07 and that looks damm sexy

(nme617 @ Mar. 21 2007,12:26) lol could u please  give us a turn by turn direction of how you did that lol hahah i got the new 421  round carbon cans on 07 and that looks damm sexy
I'll try my best...
cool.gif

1st. drill out the revets...4mm bit I used. save the metal bands, and about 2 inch from the end of the cap(mid pipe side, not the tail side...) cut off the cannister all the way(this time don't have to be real streit line)
This is for Yoshi case...cuz, Yoshi inner pipe is welded together with end cap
rock.gif

Now you have to measure how short you going to get.
(mine is 9 1/2 inch long...)
Mark it with sharpie and cut it off streit line as much as you can.
(you can use the revet bands to draw streit line if you want...)
And don't mess with pillows in der...it very hard packed in it...
Back to the end cap, remove the remainings out and cut off carbons off the end cap.
look in the end cap...both inner pipe and outter cap walls are same hight. outter walls for the revets inner pipes(looks like heat shields for machine gun) for baffles.
Measure outter walls, prolly less than an inch...where the revet holes are...
And that measurement goes to inner pipe and mark it and cut off with dremel tool.
put the end cap back on half way, and measure where the revet holes going to be...(you can double check with revet bands too, put it back as it was, to make sure of it...)
tap in the cap all the way, look in the hole to make sure they line up good...
Once they touching each other, then drill the holes for revets.
don't forget the bands to put it on revet it...Done.

any questions the post it up here...

1st. drill out the revets...4mm bit I used. save the metal bands, and about 2 inch from the end of the cap(mid pipe side, not the tail side...) cut off the cannister all the way(this time don't have to be real streit line)
This is for Yoshi case...cuz, Yoshi inner pipe is welded together with end cap
rock.gif

Now you have to measure how short you going to get.
(mine is 9 1/2 inch long...)
Mark it with sharpie and cut it off streit line as much as you can.
(you can use the revet bands to draw streit line if you want...)
And don't mess with pillows in der...it very hard packed in it...
Back to the end cap, remove the remainings out and cut off carbons off the end cap.
look in the end cap...both inner pipe and outter cap walls are same hight. outter walls for the revets inner pipes(looks like heat shields for machine gun) for baffles.
Measure outter walls, prolly less than an inch...where the revet holes are...
And that measurement goes to inner pipe and mark it and cut off with dremel tool.
put the end cap back on half way, and measure where the revet holes going to be...(you can double check with revet bands too, put it back as it was, to make sure of it...)
tap in the cap all the way, look in the hole to make sure they line up good...
Once they touching each other, then drill the holes for revets.
don't forget the bands to put it on revet it...Done.

any questions the post it up here...

Back