power commander problem!

scooterlord

Registered
got my pc3 usb today, installed it all ok. run the program try to install map. when i did i found out that it was for a 2002 hayabusa and not my 01. now i can't install a different map for my 01 because it says incompatible map version! help

i have double yoshi rs-3s and k&n filter. the map i found in powercommander.com says yoshi rs3 and stock or aftermarket filter. will this work ok? help me unload this map i loaded and put the other one back on!

the pc3 map i installed was 02 yoshis and aftermarket filter. will it be so much different than the 01?

i think i saw somewhere that you can convert a pc2 map for use in pc3usb how can this be done? sorry i don't have enough time to search atm, my bike is opened and it's about to rain

you can I found a way to do it. It took a while. because you can not copy and paste it either.
But If you bring it up let's say a PC3usb map for an 03 instead of load map hit send table and it will load it

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: "can't spell english"|1099750087 -->

ehm, atticdog,i know where the maps are, i have them already. problem is that i installed first a hayabusa 02 map and my model is 01. i compared the two maps but are very different. when i tried to install this m320-004 map after i installed the 02 busa's it says incompatible map version.

what i managed to do though is to reset the power commander map and 'send table' of the 01 to my busa. i assume it is right cause when i plug in the pc on my pc although it says 02 busa it contains the 01's table. is this correct?

johnee. what do you mean stock map and not the slip-on map??

Scooterlord,
This may sound silly, but is there any chance of exchanging the PC3 to the one you need? I have an '01 also - the number is 320-411. Maybe your dealer can hook you up? I would think that if you disconnect the PC, your ECU would run the way it had before the PC, so you really haven't lost anything there.

Just my .02,

Errrrr.
Shawn

first of all, johnycheese, why would a stock map run better than a slipon one? do you actually have yoshi rs3 and k&n? cause with this one bike runs damn fast and smooth! and also got rid of that sputter when in very low rpm that occured when i installed the yoshis

installing a map0 still wouldnt let me load the 01 map. what i did was to reset the pc map from the environment menu by pressing control-r and then i just hit send table from the 01 map. now when i hook up the bike and open the pc3 software it still says 02 but has the 01 table loaded
smile.gif

now what does exchanging the pc3 with the one i need mean? can't make out any meaning...

any pros help us the not-knowers

first of all, johnycheese, why would a stock map run better than a slipon one? do you actually have yoshi rs3 and k&n? cause with this one bike runs damn fast and smooth! and also got rid of that sputter when in very low rpm that occured when i installed the yoshis

installing a map0 still wouldnt let me load the 01 map. what i did was to reset the pc map from the environment menu by pressing control-r and then i just hit send table from the 01 map. now when i hook up the bike and open the pc3 software it still says 02 but has the 01 table loaded
smile.gif

now what does exchanging the pc3 with the one i need mean? can't make out any meaning...

You did it correctly that is how I did it before, just hit send map. then save it and I think it will then take both versions.
Shoot I should have checked while I had that bike on the dyno.

I have a usb here I will try it in a while to see if that will work.

Also I have found that the maps for the slip-ons is still to rich try it and see. you can always swap it back. Also when you save it change the notes to 01 save it and reload it and it will say o1

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099755896 -->

Scooterlord,
If you go to the power commander website:
www.powercommander.com
They list the PC3 model for each year, I have heard that the different models will sometimes work, but the ECU in the 99 Busa is different from the 01, etc.

Anyway, the 320-411 is set up specifically for the 2001 Busa, and I am pretty sure that the MAP you are looking for is already there.

Again, just my .02

Errrrr.
Shawn

thanks for the support guys. and geez, mc mustang, i appreciate your help and all your posts man, but i think you haven't realized that i already HAD the map but could not have it installed. now everything is ok. i'll check what johnycheese said.

i'll wait till my gas finishes to check how much more fuel it consumes.

plus somewhere i read that you can play with the buttons on the pc to reduce fuel consumption on trips. how is this done? and how can i be sure it is done?

thanks for the support guys. and geez, mc mustang, i appreciate your help and all your posts man, but i think you haven't realized that i already HAD the map but could not have it installed. now everything is ok. i'll check what johnycheese said.

i'll wait till my gas finishes to check how much more fuel it consumes.

plus somewhere i read that you can play with the buttons on the pc to reduce fuel consumption on trips. how is this done? and how can i be sure it is done?
Scooterlord,
Thanks for your patience, I am learning like everyone else.....glad your mapping has worked out, and if you figure out the fuel optimization for longer rides, I would reaaly like to hear about it.

Thanks,
Shawn

The 02' maps will work on the 04's.
They have the years listed as 02'-05'

Hey Johnny I have a 2001 Busa with a full muzzy system. Muzzy sent me over a map for 2002-2005 and I had the same problem trying to send the map to the pcc3 usb. So if I hit the send table button it will load? will this map make the 2001 run ok?

I don't mean to thread jack but I have a question pertaining to maps,while we are on the subject..The service tech at the dealership is telling me you do not gain a whole lot of hp with a full exhaust versus slip ons."He says on the busa that a full exhaust is a waste of money, but there is a considerable difference with a custom map versus pcIII map, even with slip ons".. Is a custom map worth it with slip ons or necessary if you're not racing?? And if it is worth it could someone loan me theirs ;) ;) for 2005, yoshi zyclones, K&N

(tinbender0 @ May 19 2007,19:00) I don't mean to thread jack but I have a question pertaining to maps,while we are on the subject..The service tech at the dealership is telling me you do not gain a whole lot of hp with a full exhaust versus slip ons."He says on the busa that a full exhaust is a waste of money, but there is a considerable difference with a custom map versus pcIII map, even with slip ons".. Is a custom map worth it with slip ons or necessary if you're not racing?? And if it is worth it could someone loan me theirs ;) ;) for 2005, yoshi zyclones, K&N
first off, ask him to define a whole lot. 2ndly tell him the biggest waste of money is taking your bike to a dealership.

even if a 4-1 made 1 pony more it would be worth it due to the WEIGHT savings.
Lame a$$ dealer, they make more money off of slipons than 4-1

Back