beartooth pass next 2 weekends

red1100cc

Registered
im heading up for the run to the wall next weekend and redlodge weekend after that. 2 weekends on the best roads in the west! taking Bessie my Hyamoosa on the run to the wall, might try to take the dyna to redlodge. we'll see how fun it is on the busa, might just run her 2 weekends in a row. buddy my dyna has a pushrod leak and no insurance at the moment. i would have to fix that, if i took him.
thinking of running to glacier national park on the redlodge run. donno about that yet.
what ever i do i'll take me camera.:thumbsup:

FUN - FUN - FUN!!! I love it up there, I havent been since 04 and need to go again one day. Yes plz take the camera!

beartooth-highway.jpg

Beartooth%20Highway%20September%202006.jpg

im parking my 16mpg jeep for the month just to save the $75 buck a week it eats. i figgure every week is one days worth of food and gas on a bike trip.
i hope the snow is mostly gone.

any one else wanna go? ???
i get up late (9-10am) ride long (500mi or so a day) and late, but most the time stop around dark. i camp in a hammock, or a tent if it rains. probably have a few others with us too.

I've never been on Beartooth Pass on a bike, but I made plenty of trips on it in a car before I moved to Texas. I almost forgot how gorgeous it is there.

had an awesome trip! rode up with the vets on sat. in a big pack. hit hail out of thermopolis headed to cody. got a little wet. camped in cody, partied all night. left my friends to go ride the pass.
it was as fun as i remember! got to go through it faster than my Harley would, thats for shure. it also let me know im not as fast or as smooth as i though i would be.:laugh:
my camera died as i got into montana, so i missed alot of really cool photo ops. bummer.
ate a good late lunch in redlodge and booked it for thermop. made it there just before dark. found my friends in a campground with its own hot pools! soaked and drank, made my prospect put up my tent as there we no trees for my hammock, he got to sleep outside as he had been using my tent.:rofl:
i drank beer, floated around and skinny dipped into the wee hours of the morning.
the next day we rode back together, stopping for a malt after going through wind river canyon. one of my favorite canyons to ride.

beartooth pass 019.jpg

beartooth pass 020.jpg

beartooth pass 021.jpg

beartooth pass 022.jpg

beartooth pass 023.jpg

beartooth pass 024.jpg

beartooth pass 025.jpg

beartooth pass 026.jpg

beartooth pass 027.jpg

Luv the duct tape nose job there on Bessie! :poke: Come on Russ, it's been a couple of months now, surely you can spring for the ol' gal to get a new or barely used windscreen.

ya know, after 7000 something miles with a taped screen, im kinda used to it.:laugh:
still waiting for a check from geico. think i'll get a blue db to match the bike.

it got early on me and i didn't get all my pics posted.
some of the camp ground in thermop, (awesome place!) windriver canyon and some of my montley crue eating malts, as well as hell 1/2 acre (remember starship troopers?).

did around 700mi. had a good time. don't think i'll make it up there next weekend, my mom wants me to go down to her place for her birthday. mom always gets her way:laugh:

hope yall like the pics. i had fun takin um. :beerchug:

beartooth pass 045.jpg

beartooth pass 046.jpg

beartooth pass 047.jpg

beartooth pass 048.jpg

beartooth pass 049.jpg

beartooth pass 051.jpg

beartooth pass 052.jpg

beartooth pass 054.jpg

beartooth pass 055.jpg

beartooth pass 056.jpg

beartooth pass 059.jpg

beartooth pass 060.jpg

beartooth pass 062.jpg

beartooth pass 063.jpg

beartooth pass 064.jpg

Great pics! Reminds me of home..what am I doing down here with the fire ants and 98F/98% humidity? Then January comes around and it's in the 50's and 60's and it comes to me....

I'm going to have to check that place out one of these days, or maybe not.... those roads look like they could tempt me to speed exsesively...

Back