Security System

mcbradshaw

Registered
What is the best security system I can get.  I just moved to a high crime area for college and have no way to keep the Busa in a garage.  I don't have theft insurance and want to compensate for this huge risk.  I've looked at the Scorpio SRi500SE, but am hearing that Viper and Alpine have good systems.  l also would like to know where I can get a good deal on them.  I like the idea of proximity sensor and 125dB alarm that Scorpio has.  I don't know much about those others.  An alarm that is so loud that it could make would-be thieves' ears bleed is basically what I'm looking for.

<!--EDIT|mcbradshaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125560664 -->

While the Scorpio is a good alarm ( I have one ) you stated you moved into a high crime area,I would seriuosly consider keeping the bike inside your home,the alarm will be nothing more than a minor set back for pro's,Just bring it into your foyer or what ever just to be sure.If they want it bad enough, nothing will stop them, but why not make it as hard as possible for them? NJ.:)

or if you live near a mini storage rent a small storage unit for around 40-50 a month and store her when u not ridin it's piece of mind when she's out of your sight
wink.gif

I wish I could do that. I live in college housing, kinda. In a hotel. There is usually a campus police car parked outside and I try to keep as close to it as I can. I don't know of organized/professional thieft here, but I plan on looking into it. I just don't want it to be that easy.

Is there a way that I can lock the wheels? I guess it could be just lifted in that case.

I have the Scorpio and also keep it in a locked garage. Figure if it gets stolen after that, it wasn't meant to be.

If you can find a bike rack that is in concrete and very thick, you can buy a Kryptonite chain and lock and that should help with the alarm.

Scorpio alarm (SR-i500SE) and Kryptonite disc locks are about all you can do.

scorpio sri500, 2 disc locks, a cable, and chain should do....oh yeah after all that still put it in storage to....

Do they make egine immobilisers for bikes??? I was thinking maybe the more expensive beemers would have keys with the chips in em, but I'm not so sure...

Anyone know?

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: "your mom"|1126137460 -->

I have a scorpio alarm and I use a disc lock when the bike is parked overnight outside.

There is a company called Phantom Tracking that is making an alarm/ theft recovery system. It has a motion detector, starter/ignition kill, and can be tracked by gps. You pay for the install of the system (must be installed by an authorized dealer) and then a monthly fee to a monitoring center. If the system is set off, the monitoring company contacts you to verify the bike has been stolen. Once that is done, they contact the police and can direct the cops to the bikes location.

It also has a crash detection system built in to it. In the case of a crash, they can send emergency services to your location.

They currently have systems for Harleys, but the owner told me they are rolling out the japanese units in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Just something for you guys to think about.

I plan on buying one for my busa. I really like the crash detection feature, since my days off are in the week and I ride alone most of the times.

What is the best security system I can get.  I just moved to a high crime area for college and have no way to keep the Busa in a garage.  I don't have theft insurance and want to compensate for this huge risk.  I've looked at the Scorpio SRi500SE, but am hearing that Viper and Alpine have good systems.  l also would like to know where I can get a good deal on them.  I like the idea of proximity sensor and 125dB alarm that Scorpio has.  I don't know much about those others.  An alarm that is so loud that it could make would-be thieves' ears bleed is basically what I'm looking for.
Our you serious?
Why would you put yourself in this situation? Your bike will come up missing. Doesn't matter which alarm you put on it. These along with chains, locks, etc. are nothing more than deterrents..... Why no insurance? You could rent a storage slot as suggested above and purchase a bicycle for the local stuff..... I don't want to come off as an azz but surely you had to of thought this out before buying your bike and moving to this school.

I have my bike in my garage with wife's car blocking the garage door, and my truck blocking the side door. SOOO in the event a theif were to break in the garage, they would have to either break in and hot wire my truck or wife's car just to have room to push, pull, drag, or carry the bike out! But no alarm et!
mad.gif

Bottom line, make it as difficult as possible for the thieves.  Several a##hole theives may want your Busa but it's a safe bet not one of them want to do time for  snatching it.  I suggest the Scorpio SR-i500SE to start, add couple of disc locks, but most importantly try and figure a way to secure the machine to something solid with a hefty chain/lock.  True, it'll only slow they down a bit, but it'll give you a bit more time to react to your Scorpio going off.  Without attaching your Busa to something solid a few big guys can quickly lift your machine into the back of an enclosed truck, close the doors (lessening the alarm noise), and drive off - leaving you to post your stories of woe!  The key is think of anything to slow down the thieft process.  It'll give you more time to react, and possibly make the scum
mad.gif
hunt for an easier target.

Back