Seabees?

Just a run of the mill Navy Wife. OS in the surface fleet. He got out in 2006 and it has been nice to have him home after being more out to sea than home for 12 years. :)

Just a run of the mill Navy Wife. OS in the surface fleet. He got out in 2006 and it has been nice to have him home after being more out to sea than home for 12 years. :)
Silly OS's :poke: I was an ET :laugh:

I bet he thinks it's nice to be home more often than not... Although occasionally it was nice to be at sea :whistle:

Silly OS's :poke: I was an ET :laugh:

I bet he thinks it's nice to be home more often than not... Although occasionally it was nice to be at sea :whistle:

:laugh: :laugh:

I am not gonna say anything. I know he must miss those trips out to sea when things here get crazy. I saw a little sign the other day that said "Raising kids is like being slowly pecked to death by chickens!" Heck there were times that I wished I could go out to sea.
Although I did go on 6 of those family cruises, and by the end of the day I was ready to get off the ship and back to land. I couldn't imagine being confined on one of those for months at a time in the heat of the Arabian Gulf. :( 3 were on a frigate and the other 3 were on an Aegis Destroyer. Maybe the ships were just too confining?

:laugh: :laugh:

I am not gonna say anything. I know he must miss those trips out to sea when things here get crazy. I saw a little sign the other day that said "Raising kids is like being slowly pecked to death by chickens!" Heck there were times that I wished I could go out to sea.
Although I did go on 6 of those family cruises, and by the end of the day I was ready to get off the ship and back to land. I couldn't imagine being confined on one of those for months at a time in the heat of the Arabian Gulf. :( 3 were on a frigate and the other 3 were on an Aegis Destroyer. Maybe the ships were just too confining?
Still no seabees? I used to run into you guys all the time. Where are you now?

MrsR2B, those small ships are part of the problem. However, sanity isn't used, so we just put it in a locker while we are out to sea. Sometimes we forgot to get it out when we hit port though... And that's what cause the infamous fight in Australia... But that has nothing to do with finding Seabees :whistle:

Where they bee?

CM here. NAS Adak (public works red shed),NMCB 5, 20th NCR and my last duty station was 31st NCR. I'm actually talking with a buddy of mine that is a recruiter and i may go back in if everything works out but everything has to be right.

Gulfport Mississippi! That was a fun buch of guys, They took over for us when it was time to go back to homeport. They used to yell "TASTE LIKE CHICKEN" ! Ya had to be there???

MCB62 was Commanded by John Paul Jones Jr. He was related to the original. We were deployed to Viet nam in 68, back to Gulfport for hurricane Camele, back to Viet Nam, Danang, Peurto Rico, I long to go back, then out in 72 before MCB62 deployed for Deigo Garcia.:thumbsup:

Hey Hal do you happen to know a EO Henderson, thats my dad he was in MCB62 back in the day he probally have been a EO3/EO2 back then. What was your rate also.

I did know an EO henderson. Most anyone who was in MBC 62 during 1968-1972 knew me. I was in a Rock Band and played at our base and other Army, Marine Corp and Air Force bases in Viet Nam. I was in B Company. My rate was Shipfitter 2nd class. I was a fleet rate, but served with the CB's my whole 4 years. I will check My cruise book, but I'm sure I know your Dad.:beerchug:

I did know an EO henderson. Most anyone who was in MBC 62 during 1968-1972 knew me. I was in a Rock Band and played at our base and other Army, Marine Corp and Air Force bases in Viet Nam. I was in B Company. My rate was Shipfitter 2nd class. I was a fleet rate, but served with the CB's my whole 4 years. I will check My cruise book, but I'm sure I know your Dad.:beerchug:

I'll talk with him tomarrow and see if he knows ya, that would be cool if you guys know each other.

Surface Navy (FC) here but will give you guys props as i respect what you do.. :thumbsup:
bigbee.jpg

bigbee.jpg

I'll talk with him tomarrow and see if he knows ya, that would be cool if you guys know each other.
I'm sure I knew an EO3 Henderson in A company. it is a small world. My son Chris (GSXTacy) on the org, was born while we were deployed the second time to camp hoover Danang, Viet nam.

Back