Dead Man Ridin

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - A funeral home in Puerto Rico that made international headlines two years ago is at it again.
Marin Funeral Home has embalmed the body of a young man and put the corpse atop a motorcycle in a hunched-over racing position. The body wears a black cap, black sunglasses and a long-sleeved black T-shirt.

Local television station WAPA says the unidentified 22-year-old shooting victim will be buried Wednesday.

Calls to the funeral home were not returned Tuesday.

Two years ago, the funeral home embalmed a 24-year-old man and kept the body standing upright for during the three-day wake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not because I am from Puerto Rico, but this was done as a request from the family....odd ...yesss but, some cultures do this....instead of celebrating the life and mourning over someone in a coffin, it was done because that is who he was and how he wanted to be remembered...anyways....yes .....odd......

WHOA!! Kind of caught me off guard there, KM. I'd read the other thread about this but never did find the link 'til now. Thought it was some kind of art work (well, maybe so anyway) display at first. Definitely and unexpectedly different.

My thoughts would be to have ashes emptied from a 'busa (mines still in pieces) at max speed and then have marker placed next to daughter's with "So long and thanks for all the fish!" ala HGtotheG...

...respectfully submitted, of course.

That's awesome. I've been saying for years I want Kim to have me STUFFED, his family's idea is way cooler.

Weird though, I have to admit.
Chris

That is pretty odd! I can understand why the family did it. When my friend Brian died 3 years ago his mom had him buried in what he loved to wear. He had on new Dickie shorts, DC shoes and a shirt. He was also buried with all of his piercings in and there was a lot of them. His mom also had left fairing from the same type of bike custom painted and signed by all of us buried with him.

Did they bury bike with him or peel him off it before putting him in ground ?
His final request if it was should be honored no matter how weird it seems to us.
WWII vets have their ashes taken round the world to Iwo and some think thats crazy, not me but some.
Others do strange stuff also.
Not for me but if its what he wanted , fine, just dont think I could have sat there looking at him though !

The bike that my buddy was riding when he died was rebuilt by all of us and is being ridden by our buddy Randy. I wish I had pics of the what it looked like after the accident and the end result of us getting it back on the road.

Back