Scratched up my plexiglass headlamp help !

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
Not deep scratches not even really scratched just kinda mared up
I was getting a sticker off what buffs that out?? im talking about the clear over headlamp

Tell me + I will be your friend

I know I should used w-40 get it off
autozone or wallmart have anything

- You bring a horse for me?[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAA Thanks thats a name I trust I use there car wash soap+ wax

- Fonda vs Bronson[/url]

I WAS REMOVING STICKER THAT AMA PUT THERE +MARRED IT UP PEOPLE KEEP NOTICING IT THANKS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
worse comes to worse, ya could buy one with broken tabs, put it in the oven for a bit & take off the lense. Do same with yours then swap lenses & repeat process to seal replacement lense onto your housing
Posted via Mobile Device

2z3pc8k.jpg

thats what it did or i did

Last edited:
Hey Night, u should open yours up & paint that trim bezel that separates high/low black to match your bike. Thats what I did for my cranberry/black 06
Posted via Mobile Device

ok i got it white bottle $8.50 ouch!!! Im prob going use all of mabe 5 drops

its taking it down some but not getting rid of completly did help
I used it on my windscreen also

If you have some confidence, I have used a power buff pad with some of that on it, and it will get the deeper ones.
Please try it somewhere else first to practice.
If you have the pad too fast, or too much pressure, it will cloud it more.
And use a new pad.
Good luck!

mcguires "scratch x" works well and hides the blemish but not a permanent cure.

What about a little buffer on my dremel tool?

I have used that for small scratches on gauges.
If you have a couple of individual scratches it will get them but if there are lots all over, a bigger buffer will be better.
They make buffers to fit a hand drill, and they will work OK too.

really fine sandpaper get rid of the scratches and then a nice couple of evencoats of clearcoat to give you a crystal clear look again. if it ever gets scatched again, do the same thing, but instead of sanding into the headlifht lens, you'll be sanding the old clearcoat and reclearing. Simple fix and works really good.

My headlight is fuged up a bit as well. But I not only have a few light
scratches it looks like I got some headlightitis in the corners. I kinda thought
I'd have to pony up the $250 for a complete replacement...when I get an extra
$250 ???

Anybody else have headlight issues or maybe a good place to buy a replacement?

Try the Meguiar's NXT 2 Tech Wax, it is basically a polymer sealant so it should do a good job of visually filling the scratches and adding moisture to the plastic so that it's barely noticible. I use it on the headlamp cover and the windscreen and it works great. If the scratches are deeper or if it is chemical hazing you can try Novus products, they work pretty well and can be found at plastic speciality stores such as Tap Plastics.

NXT.jpg

novus.jpg

Last edited:
+100 on anything made by novus. I've restored junked raceboat windshields back to almost new with that stuff and a buffing wheel.

I'm already your friend, your mom said all I needed was 5$ and a can of grease:laugh:

You need really fine sand paper. Start with 1500 grit - wet sanding. Then move to 2000. Then to 3000. Again, wet sanding with each grit. Yes, it will be cloudy, but the idea is to remove the large scratches. Once you've finished with the 3000 grit, then use the plastic polish on it. The plastic polish will remove the remaining scratches and you'll have a nice, clear lens.

Back