Taking headlamp housing apart (heLp)

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
Hey again, I bought a headlamp strobe prism to give me that trick color I see with the gsxR's around here. The prism will not fit into the housing from the back of the headlight because it is made for use with the H4 bulbs. The shop suggested I'd get it still because the actual base around the h7 and h4 looked similar. its not gonna fit through there.

is it possible to take the clear lens off so there i can place the prism around the afixated light, and silicon it back??

is it possible to take the clear lens off so there i can place the prism around the afixated light, and silicon it back??[/QUOTE]

An industrial heat gun heat applied to the black ring area just below the transparent window area. Dont focus the heat in one area for too long or the plastic will melt. After a few minutes of going around the whole light housing the seal should loosen enough to pull the front from the back.

After pulling the two half apart and you have finished installing your new mod, remove the old sealant, clean and reapply new silicon .

I took the yellow lense off my front turn signals by putting them in the oven at 170 for a few minutes and they pulled right off. I have seen this work on alot of different types of light housings.

Back