Scorpion alarm Help Nedded !!

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Hi all I'm in the middle of installing this scorpion alarm i bought the whole package nd for the anti-jack feature they tell you orange /white wire that you have to cut but was wondering where this wire is as i did not recieve my shop manual yet its ordered ..is this wire going into the computer or somewhere else any help would be great ...also i would like to know how to hook my air horn into this system if possible ..Thanks all ..

my orange and white wire was right in front of the computer under the seat. This is were I hooked mine in and it works great. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

A little off the subject, but I am surprised a lot of riders get Scorpio with antihijack feature. Why? 99.9% of bikes are stolen by lifting them into the van when there is no one around.

Also, I personally didn't feel comfortable to rely on the alarm to power my ignition unless there is a good reason to do that.

a board write-up and how I installed mine.   But I believe you can cut the orange/white anywhere and get the correct results.

A little off the subject, but I am surprised a lot of riders get Scorpio with antihijack feature. Why? 99.9% of bikes are stolen by lifting them into the van when there is no one around.
uh.. cus the top model will let you know up to 1/2mi away.. ?

if you were at work, in the mall, etc and yer #### tripped an alarm in yer pocket, would you go see?

2 Way FM Technology:
A remote & Pager ALL-IN-ONE!

By utilizing High Frequency FM technology, the SR-i500 transceiver is capable of sending and receiving commands from up to ½ Mile away from the motorcycle. It incorporates a selectable audible vibrating alert and a back lit LCD screen that displays alarm triggers and confirms system modes with easy to understand icons and text messages. This unique FM technology provides exceptional range and excellent penetration, even in those difficult areas such as shopping malls and underground parking garages.[/QUOTE]

Also, I personally didn't feel comfortable to rely on the alarm to power my ignition unless there is a good reason to do that.
Hint! The anti-hijack feature is for those thugs that try to break the steering lock and start the bike. And also for the 0.02% of bike that are stolen at the traffic lights. Someone runs up and pushes the rider off the bike, then rides off with the bike. Rare, but it does happen.

Hi all I'm in the middle of installing this scorpion alarm i bought the whole package nd for the anti-jack feature they tell you orange /white wire  that you have to cut but was wondering where this wire is as i did not recieve my shop manual yet its ordered ..is this wire going into the computer or somewhere else any help would be great ...also i would like to know how to hook my air horn into this system if possible ..Thanks all ..
The wire is easy to reach if you remove the seat and look for the relay on the left side, closest to the front of the seat. That's the fuel pump relay. The bike won't run very long without gas.

Someone speak up if i am wrong...but the alarm simply provides continuity for the trigger wire on the relay that provides power to the starter.
The juice it takes to start the motor does not pass through the alarm.

Probably not a very used or necessary function, but better to have it than to wish you had.

Back