Scorpio Alarm Problem ...Help

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
Ok once again i have an 05 stock with the exception of an accumen gear indicator and Scorpio500ie alrm anyway i think i might have used wrong wire for anti-jack but ran fine and shut down bike after 20 secs as told .. well the bike would'nt rev past 8k and when the dealer disconnected alarm it went right up to the red ...so im not sure where i went wrong the whole alarm seemed to work great untill...any ideas (i think i cut the orange wire for the anti-jack)...

solid orange
rock.gif
thats the ignition wire

orange with white stripe is the fuel system wire and where a lotta folks tapped in, same net effect, no fuel no running bike
wink.gif

My best guess is maybe your connections are hosed?
rock.gif
did you use those crappy clip things or did you cut/solder the ends? I'd suggest looking at that cuz I'm 99% sure that Rhythm used the solid orange wire and his bike still hits the red line.... once in a while
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

rock.gif

zukracer
Hayabusa Master

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:2.33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
solid orange    thats the ignition wire

orange with white stripe is the fuel system wire and where a lotta folks tapped in, same net effect, no fuel no running bike

My best guess is maybe your connections are hosed?   did you use those crappy clip things or did you cut/solder the ends?  I'd suggest looking at that cuz I'm 99% sure that Rhythm used the solid orange wire and his bike still hits the red line.... once in a while  
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had a hard time keeping up with'ya, or was that staying ahead of you  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126743449 -->

laugh.gif

2quik - I installed my SR-i500SE last weekend, but didn't want to connect the anti-hijack module until I got the 2005 service manual and could confirm which wire I wanted to use. I didn't want to use the orange/white because of the delayed stopping effect (albeit fairly quick). I'm considering using the wire that feeds the kickstand switch, or the handlebar kill switch. Either one should shut the engine down quick. As soon as my manual shows up I'll post how I connected mine.

Back