satellite radio install

SignalChimp

Registered
Well after seeing a recent post i became inspired to install satellite radio on the bus.Always used my ipod but figured it would be a nice change.Went with the sirius system and really love it so far.

I installed the radio quick release mount with grip strips from GB electrical supply kinda like velcro but much stronger.I mounted it to the top of the trees easy on and off.

Really didn't think there was enough audio from the unit i went with so i bought a boostaroo headphone amplifier from best buy for 20 bucks,WOW what a difference best $20 i spent in some time.

Also purchsed 2 extension cables for 1/8" phono plug one runs from the head unit on the trees to the headphone amp and the other from the headphone amp to the headphones.Ran it next to the tank at the front of the seat same as another member had done in the other post.I like it there easy access and you cant see the headphone wire when wearing a jacket,cops frown on that around here.

So far i really enjoy the system will keep ya posted if any problems should turn up.

keith

install

06005446__Medium_.JPG

Crutchfield was selling Roady 2  for $20.... Price was sooo good I bought 3.

I used 2 and have another one for sale. $20 delivered. anybody want it?

Citcuit City for $17 ? I didn`t find it on their website.

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136692884 -->

Circuit city sells the roady for $17 Everything you need to install. This was 2 weeks ago

hi does the satellite radio have to go through a fm radio like the other instulation? or does head phones hook right up to the unit. thanks ranman

hi does the satellite radio have to go through a fm radio like the other instulation? or does head phones hook right up to the unit. thanks ranman
The headphones plug right into the unit no other radio required,at least with the unit i am using.The audio didn't seem loud enough for me so i got the headphone amplifier pictured, big difference.

cool thanks that`s the one i`m getting
thanks ranman

Back