Sad family news.

NCBusa2001

Registered
Hello all, It’s been a few weeks since I posted. During that period It seems that my world has fallen apart.

My beloved mother, who is also a nurse in our hospital, has received some very disturbing news. It started suddenly the Friday before last and we thought it was the flu. Common symptoms, headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, etc. She gets through the weekend and goes to her doctor on Tuesday and was admitted to the hospital. She had a CT of her head performed which revealed bilateral masses in her brain. An MRI confirmed the CT result and also revealed multiple lung masses. She was pretty much out of it and we were expecting the worst on Wednesday or Thursday. They started her on steroids to shrink the tumors and associated swelling and she began to get a little better. They are starting radiation and might pursue chemo after the RXT is competed. Surgery or a “cure†is not possible due to the locations of the masses. The focus is being placed on keeping her pain free and extending the quality of her remaining life.

Needless to say this sucks. I lost my father 4 years ago and now my mother. I’m only 32 and have no other family, except for an aunt in Charleston, SC.

I have had to completely alter my existence over the course of a week. Kim and I have moved in to her house so we can take care of her. I figure we are both nurses and we should be able to provide good care. I WILL NOT let her rot away in some f’ing sub-standard nursing home, so moving in was the only option. The 40 acres we bought in the national forest and our dream home plans are on indefinite hold now. I am selling the house that I have owned for the last decade. In fact due to my lost time at work I’m pretty much selling anything that’s not nailed down, though not any of the motorcycles or firearms.

My ex-wife is trying to weasel in on mom’s cash and appears to be feeding bad advice concerning her financial status. That has been the icing on the cake. Kim is ready to do her (my ex) in and I’m running a close second. The stress just keeps on coming.

I’m stressed out to the max. My thoughts have not been completely rational at times and my anger is getting the better of me. I pride myself in ALWAYS being able to keep my cool and my head. People rarely ever see me frustrated or out of control. Hell, I’m the one that stressed out irrational people come to see. My mental status has defiantly taken a turn for the worse. I was packed up yesterday and ready to say f___ it and take off for the west coast (road trip). However, I realized what was really important and regained rational thought.

Thanks for listening (reading). I just wanted to share my situation with the people I know will understand. Please keep us in your prayers.

Chris

P.S. Brian sorry for not getting back to you on Wednesday. I’ll get up with you soon. My mother wants Kim and I to attend the Busa Bash coming up. I just have an uneasy feeling about leaving her alone for that time. I won’t know more about my attendance until closer the actual date. Chris

I'm so sorry about your Mom, Chris...
sad.gif

Cancer is a hideous thing and plagues so many families. There are so many going through this and having to make life altering decisions such as you've just done every day.

Be thankful that you'll have a hand in where she goes from here and that she's not tied up in nursing homes and all the issues that go with that. Do your best to hold on to all the good in her life that she has, and keep up the faith that she'll be with you for a while to come.

My step-father has stage 4 colon cancer; it's been a rough and rocky road for everyone, especially my Mom, but he's hanging in there. We truly cherish the memories we're making with him still, and just take it day by day...

Stay strong...sounds like you're doing the best you can right now, and I'm sure your Mom appreciates all the sacrifices. She's in my thoughts, as are you...

I wish I had some words that would make you feel better. All I can do is offer my prayer and my sympathy. I know you don't know me,but you are not alone in this..

+1 ...wish I had the right words of comfort~ I'm very sorry for your loss...
sad.gif

Prayers sent up, man. Soooo sorry to hear this. I truly feel your pain, bro. I've been there...
sad.gif

Hang tough, bud. I'd say you need to get some help from a competent attorney. Call a referral service for your area and get in there for a consultation. It'll be well worth the $250 to $400 you'll spend because you'll walk out with the peace of mind of KNOWING what you can and cannot do, especially in regard to the ex.

I can't urge you enough to do this. If you have that little family to support you, you need to buy your support group and a great attorney is the best thing to have at hand with this kind of issue.

And yeah, I sympathize a great deal with you and wish you well. Please keep us informed.

--Wag--

Any family illness is tough to get through...just remember your extended family here.

Very sorry to here that... hang in there bro!

You and your family will be in my prayers...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and support. I will up date the board if there are any changes or news.

Again thank you all, Chris

I'm very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Here's another prayer for you, your mother and family. God will give you strength. I have an idea of how you are feeling, I lost my mother to cancer 9 years ago.

Sorry to hear your sad news. I'm dealing with kinda the same thing right now, my dad is going through his fight with cancer and the doctors have decided that the best thing for him is to get a stem cell transplant in a couple of weeks. The good thing is that he is positive about it, and we even went on a ride today with the bikes. That really felt good.
smile.gif

Back