running out of options

whiteandblurocket

Registered
hey guys, I just aquired a 06, 8500 miles it has been garaged kept for 8 years. in that 8 years the person I got it from put 1000 miles on it. i have put about 800 miles on it. what i have done
in the 2 months i have had it... this is the 3rd set of plugs, i have drained, cleaned, derust tank and replace fuel pump. new air filter and fresh fluids.
headers and pipe are all that have been done.
30% of the time it works as it should, starts right up, plenty of power no problem.
70% of the time its hard to start, pops and sputters, will not get over 6000rpm and just seems like an explosion ready to happen. i cant find any rhyme or reason as why this happens? input??

hey guys, I just aquired a 06, 8500 miles it has been garaged kept for 8 years. in that 8 years the person I got it from put 1000 miles on it. i have put about 800 miles on it. what i have done
in the 2 months i have had it... this is the 3rd set of plugs, i have drained, cleaned, derust tank and replace fuel pump. new air filter and fresh fluids.
headers and pipe are all that have been done.
30% of the time it works as it should, starts right up, plenty of power no problem.
70% of the time its hard to start, pops and sputters, will not get over 6000rpm and just seems like an explosion ready to happen. i cant find any rhyme or reason as why this happens? input??
Yeah clean those injectors

Maybe time to get the injectors serviced? - gummed up?
so i pulled them held them over the intakes, started it and gave a little throttle. it pulsed and gave plenty of gas. it would not gum up then clean and gum up again in less that 10 min. like i said i cant find any reason it would work only sometimes. I do nothing different? so confused. thinking its a ECU problem

so i pulled them held them over the intakes, started it and gave a little throttle. it pulsed and gave plenty of gas. it would not gum up then clean and gum up again in less that 10 min. like i said i cant find any reason it would work only sometimes. I do nothing different? so confused. thinking its a ECU problem
They could be gummed up and actually leaking and giving too much fuel causing the starting issues and possibly running issues. Bad injectors doesn't always mean not enough fuel. Also like @GIXERHP asked what kind of fuel pump did you use? He's one of our hayabusa guru's and knows these bikes inside and out.

They could be gummed up and actually leaking and giving too much fuel causing the starting issues and possibly running issues. Bad injectors doesn't always mean not enough fuel. Also like @GIXERHP asked what kind of fuel pump did you use? He's one of our hayabusa guru's and knows these bikes inside and out.
this kinda makes sence as it seems to go through quite a bit of gas, getting about 15 mpg in my estimation and once it gets to a certin temp like a light switch it runs great..

lookinbg at pick 9 from above post for mod, the white clip is missing alowwing that metal pcv lookng thing to bearly hang on, zip tie??!! ill need to dit it out of the tank is it is in the bottom somewhere. im not sure how to do a pressure test?

Im sorry but i will say, you are wasting your money,
The problem is the oem Filter that Suzuki finally removed in 2017.
The drilled hole works great, as well as the fuel filter in line

The problem is the oem Filter that Suzuki finally removed in 2017.

Questionable "2017"

?

Questionable "2017"

?
I put one in a 2008, had to re drill the base plate holes to make it work.
The large filter on the top, is no longer there, on a 2017

okay well i can do that and just return the oem one. i can do that tonight. quick question. not related. so when im at idle i notice the head light is not as bright as when im on throttle. is this normal?

Back