06 Busa - wont run please help

VTBusa

Registered
Hi, I've got an 06 that has now died on me twice.

both times it was shortly after starting the bike and I forgot to turn off the choke (or fast idle) - i accelerated hard in first and second gear, then the bike started to spit and sputter. it was cutting out pretty hard almost like the kill switch had been hit (it hadnt) after turning off the choke the bike would spit and sputter more then die completey within a few miles. the bike does not start back up

the first time this happened;
-i checked the spark, it was good on all cylinders
-made sure the injectors were pulsing, they were
-the fuel pump was running
-i drained and replaced the gas
-i even changed the plugs and checked compression for the heck of it, they were fine

i brought the bike to the dealer, they had it for a couple weeks and couldnt figure it out - they tried replacing the computer with one they had there just to rule that out. after a couple weeks it just started running again.... the dealer gave it back because it was running and he couldnt find the problem.

i rode it for maybe 300 miles and then the same thing happened, again i was hard on the throttle and forgot to turn off the choke...

the dealer still cant figure it out and wants to replace the head unit to the tune of $1000 - I'm thinking it's not this, has anyone run into this before????

an educated guess would be a bad / corroded connection some where or a chaffed wire going to earth

Fuel Pump Warning... Also check out the tip over switch bracket to be sure it's not cracked or broken..

It def sounds like an electrical short. Are you running any kind of drag racing kill switch teather by any chance?

P.

Have you checked the air filter ? Then start looking at fuel pressure.

:welcome: to the oRg :whistle:

+1 on the tip over sensor. It is mounted to a brass colored bracket at the lower pivot point of the gas tank.

Thanks for the tips! I don't think there is anything wrong with the air filter but I will have the dealer check out the tip over sensor and fuel pressure. I feel like its an electrical issue though... Anyway thanks for all the tips, I'll keep you posted

Also ask the dealer to check if there are any error codes when they put it into dealer mode, just to be sure.

Have you checked the air filter ? Then start looking at fuel pressure.

:welcome: to the oRg :whistle:

Many years ago now (it was an RD350), a paper filter had got damp on one side and nothing I could do, bar remove/change the filter, could get the left cylinder firing. That beat the mechanics and it was only by chance that I found the answer.

Back