Run onto shoulder of road

Spkrdctr

Registered
Well, as everyone knows, I ride the federally funded race tracks of America, Florida in particular. So, there I am riding with my Harley friend and riding WITHIN the speed limit. I know that is very rare, but I was not speeding. A white SUV/small van or something comes up from behind me, pulls even with me and starts changing lanes. Luckily, I was ready for this and have visualized it many times in my head as to what I would do. The road has a nice 4 foot wide paved shoulder with bump strips on it. I eased over onto the shoulder. The bump strips I couldn't even feel with my partial shot of andrenaline. It seemed as smooth as a babys bottom. I then was going to slow down and get back onto the roadway. I said to myself, well heck, since your already on the shoulder and its no big deal, pass that idiot! So, I grabbed some throttle and roared (literally as my exhaust is kind of loud) past the vehicle. My Harley friend looks back like what the hell are you doing riding on the shoulder of the road???? I told him later what he missed.

I can only imagin the driver of the vehicle saying "Why is that dumb sport bike rider passing me on the shoulder"? Or, Where did that bike come from??? Probably had no idea that he/she pushed me off the roadway.:banghead: Oh well, visualizing my response made it very, very, easy to just go with the flow.
The force was with me!

Stay alert out there guys. That vehicle came up behind me in the left lane and did that. It's hard to watch the rear all the time for people. The front is a lot easier......

It's battle out there! Glad to hear you made it without incident.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hope ya kicked up some gravel on em, remind em to watch for bikes everytime.the see the scratches....

Droid via Tapatalk

Back