Rumor Control

I could see them going to a by order bases and not stocking bikes or as many bikes, but not just throwing in the towel. I mean think about it! Honda started after the nukes were dropped on Japan. If they can survive a nuke hell they can survive our little snot nose kid economy problem.

O.K. naysayer disbelievers...then why is it the end of NOVEMBER and Suzuki
has yet to show a single 2010 model on it's U.S. website?

Not saying it's one way or the other but it would explain the website...it
ain't that hard to update a webpage. Kawi/honda etc has done it MONTHS AGO.

Not to mention next model years bikes should be out already...we don't even have
a picture and...they didn't show up even at all at Daytona's Biketoberfest.

Some big companies have already gone by the wayside.

Last edited:
I dont think this is right. As the dealer here on my kisland has 2 2010 busas. I just looked at them last weekend. 1 is all black with a red kanji and the other is similiar to the white grey, and blue scheme.

Really? I've been wanting to trade my 'busa for a 2010 and my dealer states he has NO idea when he'll be getting any. Even told me there may not be any for 2010 here in the US!!

If that is so then if you go to Suzuki website and click on Suzuki Global you will see the colors mentioned above for the Hayabusa.

from what I heard.... suzuki is trying to move older inventory first...some 08's and the 09's before releasing the 2010 models...

from what I heard.... suzuki is trying to move older inventory first...some 08's and the 09's before releasing the 2010 models...
We still have NEW 2007 model bikes at our dealership. ALL manufacturers are trying to move old inventory at the factory, and inventory at the dealers, and have scaled back production. I have never seen incentives the way they are right now. Heck, Honda had a $2500 rebate on the CBR1000RR, and .99% financing to boot. As an industry, the powersports business is down almost 50%. Over 3,000 dealers have gone out of business in the last year. In the future, dealers will have less inventory on hand, and prices will be higher for sure. Now is a really good time to buy a new motorcycle though.

That's what I heard too.. nothing about them pulling out of the US.. they will just not be sending many 2010 models till the inventory sitting in dealers has moved a bit.

if that's the case there is always our neighbor canada to purchase from. that was what i had originally planned for the black/gold. one member here has already done it and had it shipped to texas. i believe a little paperwork and changing the gauges.

if that's the case there is always our neighbor canada to purchase from. that was what i had originally planned for the black/gold. one member here has already done it and had it shipped to texas. i believe a little paperwork and changing the gauges.

HUGELY expensive way to get a new color, have you if you have ever seen what the Canadian markup is!

I know they've closed quit a few dealerships over the last year. I bought my busa at our local Honda/Suzuki dealership last november and they closed shop two months later. They had been there since the early 70's. It was a complete shock to everyone around here. Now I gotta go all the way to kodak just to get parts. :-(

Back