Blackbird XX , I heard a rumor.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Blackbird XX , I heard a rumor from a guy ..I cannot imagine why he would be making it up but he said that it was coming back to North America and it was going to be packing a punch like never before. Something like a 5 or 6 cyl engine?

I am surprised that they dont sell it over here , I mean id even take a Blackbird over the BMW we have all been talking about.
Here is the 05' XX ..
http://www.honda.nl/mc/18326_18123.htm
PIC

"Dat komt uit de compacte 1137cm³ 4-in-lijn met brandstofinjectie en wordt uitermate soepel vrijgegeven dankzij de dubbele balansas."

i need to brush up on my "whatever that language is" but it appears to say it's a 1137cc

same motor it used to have if memory serves

Yes I know the current model is the same, I was just posting that for reference.

oh, i thought that was supposed to big new model.. my bad.

Seems i did read about somebody making a v5.. dont' know it was honda or not.. but and I'm pretty sure it wasn't a blackbird...

There've been rumors for several years of a V-5 XX and I've heard the same rumor about the '06 release. It would make sense since Honda doesn't like to play catch-up. It's supposed to be a VTEC engine though, and a lot of purists won't like that.

Time will tell...

Steve

"Dat komt uit de compacte 1137cm³ 4-in-lijn met brandstofinjectie en wordt uitermate soepel vrijgegeven dankzij de dubbele balansas."

i need to brush up on my "whatever that language is"  but it appears to say it's a 1137cc

same motor it used to have if memory serves
From Dutch this translates roughly...

"That comes from compact 1137cm³ 4-in-line with fuel injection and is released extremely smoothly thanks to double balancers."

...and appears to be talking about the current model.

Steve

Hey ive seen that nose somewhere before just can remember where

rumor mill has it that the XX will be replaced by the VFR1200 pimping a V-5 that will have 190 HP to the crank. It was posted all over the net and a couple of jap and wuro mags a few months back.

Zx14 seat and interceptor single sided swing arm and gen 3 still looks better... 1300 xx blackbird too funny! You notice how new gen 3 in black looks kinda like a blackbird Honda hates to see that lol

Last edited:
Zx14 seat and interceptor single sided swing arm and gen 3 still looks better... 1300 xx blackbird too funny! You notice how new gen 3 in black looks kinda like a blackbird Honda hates to see that lol
The 1100 Blackbird was right on the heels of the Hayabusa, there was only a few kms/hr separating them...

Too bad Honda gave up on it...imagine having 3 bike companies in the Hyper bike segment...

Be real interesting if this was a reality....the original Super Blackbird wasn't exactly a slouch in it's own right...

A new one would really be something...
That would be great! But from what I understand from my arm chair expert view of motorcycle industry, it’s not going to happen here is why.
The reason Suzuki did not increase bore or make all new engine to deal with euro 5 because development money. A hyper bike motor is only good for one kind of bike, and one with limited sales volume. Unlike say an all new Africa Twin motor that you can spin off into Rebel1100 and soon others.
But it is said that VW group lost money with every Bugatti W12 just to add glamour to their brands, so maybe from that perspective, but I would be surprised if conservative Honda followed this line of thinking.

That would be great! But from what I understand from my arm chair expert view of motorcycle industry, it’s not going to happen here is why.
The reason Suzuki did not increase bore or make all new engine to deal with euro 5 because development money. A hyper bike motor is only good for one kind of bike, and one with limited sales volume. Unlike say an all new Africa Twin motor that you can spin off into Rebel1100 and soon others.
But it is said that VW group lost money with every Bugatti W12 just to add glamour to their brands, so maybe from that perspective, but I would be surprised if conservative Honda followed this line of thinking.
I agree, there's no market for these bikes for the future.

I believe the gen 3 Hayabusa is the last kick for the hyper bike segment.

Back