Rt 66 Adventure - Updated With Pictures

Tucumcari NM on to Albuquerque NM via Las Vegas NM. Some Pics from the road.

Day5.DSCI0087.jpg

Day5.DSCI0090.jpg

Day5.DSCI0092.jpg

Day5.DSCI0093.jpg

Day5.DSCI0116.jpg

As we were reaching Madrid Nm, we saw some rain in the distance. We hit just enough of it to cool us off without being anoying. We saw the 'Maggie's Diner' set from the movie Wild Hogs. It's a gift shop now. We left Madrid and headed to Wag's for the night. Thank's for everything Wag and Nannette. I know that wasn't how you planned on spending the weekend. I appreciate everying y'all did. This was the end of the trip for me.

Day5.DSCI0118.jpg

Day5.DSCI0119.jpg

great pics, glad you had a good time for a while anyway :laugh: and am very glad things happened the way they did rather than something happening to you in the middle of the Colorado mountains without anyone around...everything always happens for a reason even if we can't see the design of the plan at the moment...good friends like Wag and Nan are priceless!!! :bowdown:

great pics, glad you had a good time for a while anyway :laugh: and am very glad things happened the way they did rather than something happening to you in the middle of the Colorado mountains without anyone around...everything always happens for a reason even if we can't see the design of the plan at the moment...good friends like Wag and Nan are priceless!!! :bowdown:

God was definitely watching over me. Since I was too stubborn to heed His signs to cancel the trip, He put me in the best place I could have been other than at home. mrsBW's mother and step-father (retired over the road trucker) were visiting mrsBW at the time, so she had the right people to help her come get me and Luci. Her mom and step-dad ended up taking Luci home while I was in the hospital because they had to get back to Virginia.

mrsBW and I have been debating whether to replace her car for a few months. She got a $1500 repair estimate days before I left for the trip. We decided to wait until after my trip to decide whether to have it fixed and keep it for a few more years or replace it now. She wanted a Red Mustang with heated seats. I wanted the GT with a 5 speed.

We were trying to decide how to get home. mrsBW would have had trouble with the small commuter jets that fly out of Albuquerque. Most of the car rental companies wouldn't rent 1 way, the ones that would wanted over $1000. I checked AutoTrader to see what was available around there. There was 1 Mustang GT, 5 speed, Red, leather interior, heated seats in Albuquerque. It was the internet special at the Ford dealer 9 miles from the hospital. We had the saleman pick us up at the hospital and we bought the car we wanted with the options we wanted for $4000 under KBB. God is truely wonderful and I am truely blessed.

Great photos, Dennis. At least you had fun before you got to Albuquerque! As we say, it's The Land of Entrapment. You almost didn't get away! :D

--Wag--

Back