Round 2 If you could change the org

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks the 1st thread got very long but I think we addressed 95% of the changes requested and the 5% that we did not I sent a PM to the person that made the request or suggestion explaining why we could not make adjustments.

Now with that said....

What else would you change or add to the site if you could snap your fingers. One thing that we learned in the last session is that there are a ton of features that are already on the site that people are looking for but don't know where they are or how to use them.....

So post up here and let me know what you want different or how to use something on the site...

cap

I hat not being able to think of any good ideas, but i got nothin on this one. :banghead:
I did download the new Google browser form an ad up top, still gotta play with it some more, looks good tho.

A quick link that says something about threads or posts that the OP has posted in or started. Also, it is easy to tell if someone else has posted in reply to other posts in said thread. Example of this.. is a "My Posts" Button of sorts. Sorry if this has already been designed or posted. Still digging into this site. :thumbsup:

A quick link that says something about threads or posts that the OP has posted in or started. Also, it is easy to tell if someone else has posted in reply to other posts in said thread. Example of this.. is a "My Posts" Button of sorts. Sorry if this has already been designed or posted. Still digging into this site. :thumbsup:

You can go to your profile and see the last 500 posts you have made... You can also set your USERCP to always subscribe to threads you post in or you can manually choose topics to subscribe to. If you choose this option you will get an email anytime someone replies to that thread...

Don't know if it's possible since the sub forum was removed; but when you used to put up a classified ad it would show under new posts.
Shows a little more exposure on the board.

Don't know if it's possible since the sub forum was removed; but when you used to put up a classified ad it would show under new posts.
Shows a little more exposure on the board.

We took that offline because it confused more people than it helped... members were having problems understanding that you had to place the ad in the classifieds appication and the forum was read only... We kept getting more and more trouble tickets on it so we just made it simple by putting the classifieds link on the top....

We took that offline because it confused more people than it helped... members were having problems understanding that you had to place the ad in the classifieds appication and the forum was read only... We kept getting more and more trouble tickets on it so we just made it simple by putting the classifieds link on the top....

10-4 :thumbsup:

Cap

Same suggestion as last time.

Let the Admins select the best pictures, showing excellent photography from the site and stream them the way these folks (two sites) below do them. IMHO it will add a lot of value to your site. It will also inspire the shutter bugs, to go out and do their best thing.

Cafe Husky

Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum

Another thought is that the Busa may lose its popularity at some point in the future. To keep the site as one of the best cyber bikes sites available, prepare for this change, by having a section for other motorcycles.

I want my New Post button back where it was.

Not to worry, I will get used to it over there. :thumbsup:

Cap

Same suggestion as last time.

Let the Admins select the best pictures, showing excellent photography from the site and stream them the way these folks (two sites) below do them. IMHO it will add a lot of value to your site. It will also inspire the shutter bugs, to go out and do their best thing.

Cafe Husky

Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum

Another thought is that the Busa may lose its popularity at some point in the future. To keep the site as one of the best cyber bikes sites available, prepare for this change, by having a section for other motorcycles.

Ya know we had a long conversation about this years ago... We had people that had friends that were on GSXR1000's and others bikes. We considered opening the site up to other bikes but the problem is that there isnt a way to segment the site out so that features only worked in certain areas. If you hit the new post button you would get ALL the new post... There is something about a busa owner that makes this place so calm and respectful, you add liter bikes and all that is gone... I figure when the busa dies, so will the org...

Cap

what would it take to move the rider skills to the first set of threads? its kinda hard to find in the "other forums". i think it would get used more if it were more readily visible. and i think more people should use it, myself included. i have been reading through some of the archives and there seems to be a lot of good information buried within.

also could we rename the general bike related topics thread to gen 1 so people dont get confused. i see a thread once in a while wanting to know where to find info on the gen 1 bikes. just an idea.

Not that it's a big issue here,but maybe a "Report" button down by the "Quote" button. for reporting bad posts/threads. Just a Thought...

Not that it's a big issue here,but maybe a "Report" button down by the "Quote" button. for reporting bad posts/threads. Just a Thought...

Report Post is already on every post. It's the red triangle: report.gif that's in the upper-right of every post.

report.gif

I don't know how to explain it, since I'm new here, but belong to a TON of other enthusiast forums, the org is VERY difficult to navigate. Also, coming from other sites the classified section here is horrible. I don't get updates if I post on a classified, and coming back to check them is again hard to navigate. Seems like you need to make too many steps to do simple things here. I don't really know how to explain it, but check out NASIOC.com (biggest Subaru site) and as much as I hate to admit it, Gixxer.com has a very good looking site, even if the maturity levels aren't there. Just check out how smooth the integration is on these sites (like new posts, classifieds, etc) and the org looks slower and I guess older to me. The ability to change skins is also cool, since I prefer a black skin (can't seem to figure out how to do that here.) Also the fact that there isn't really a home page here. Other sites have a home page showing like who's online, new posts, most active threads, random images, contests, etc.
There was a new contest with the scavenger hunt on here that I never saw, then someone posted about it in a completely random thread, and so I looked for it.
I do like this site, but I still frequent gixxer.com and gixxernation.com simply because it seems easier to find interesting stuff to talk about.
Just giving you the opinion of someone who does a lot of forum chatting. I love the maturity and responsible people that are here, just wish there was an easier interface to talk with people.

I don't know how to explain it, since I'm new here, but belong to a TON of other enthusiast forums, the org is VERY difficult to navigate. Also, coming from other sites the classified section here is horrible. I don't get updates if I post on a classified, and coming back to check them is again hard to navigate. Seems like you need to make too many steps to do simple things here. I don't really know how to explain it, but check out NASIOC.com (biggest Subaru site) and as much as I hate to admit it, Gixxer.com has a very good looking site, even if the maturity levels aren't there. Just check out how smooth the integration is on these sites (like new posts, classifieds, etc) and the org looks slower and I guess older to me. The ability to change skins is also cool, since I prefer a black skin (can't seem to figure out how to do that here.) Also the fact that there isn't really a home page here. Other sites have a home page showing like who's online, new posts, most active threads, random images, contests, etc.
There was a new contest with the scavenger hunt on here that I never saw, then someone posted about it in a completely random thread, and so I looked for it.
I do like this site, but I still frequent gixxer.com and gixxernation.com simply because it seems easier to find interesting stuff to talk about.
Just giving you the opinion of someone who does a lot of forum chatting. I love the maturity and responsible people that are here, just wish there was an easier interface to talk with people.

this goes once again to people just not knowing what options are out there... Go subscribe to your ads and you will get updates anytime someone post a reply. You can choose email or PM's

The difference between gixxer.com and those others that you mentioned is that they have a full time staff working on the sites and making things work... we dont have that here... FYI you can see who is online, all of those options are on the site now you just have to set them up in your usercp or look. If you are on the portal you can see on the top who is online and on the main index you will see them on the bottom.....

its all there, we use the same software...

Click on "Portal" in the navbar

Perfect! Change the name of the Portal button to Home, and make that screen the screen you see when you go to Hayabusa.org, and boom, home page!!! I never knew what that button did, so I never hit it. Also the top hayabusa.org gif with the american flag, make that click-able and link it to the "home" page. (my opinion)

:thumbsup:

this goes once again to people just not knowing what options are out there... Go subscribe to your ads and you will get updates anytime someone post a reply. You can choose email or PM's

The difference between gixxer.com and those others that you mentioned is that they have a full time staff working on the sites and making things work... we dont have that here... FYI you can see who is online, all of those options are on the site now you just have to set them up in your usercp or look. If you are on the portal you can see on the top who is online and on the main index you will see them on the bottom.....

its all there, we use the same software...

I understand that Gixxer.com is staffed, and also quite a bit more expensive to run I'm sure. You had just asked for input, I gave it to you.

Now as far as the subscribing for updates, why should a person have to do that for both classifieds AND normal forums. Again, most likely fixed if the classifieds were a normal part of the forum, also fixing the tapatalk issues...

I know all about the usercp's and options, I've been a user of these types of forums for many years, but didn't know there was a separate one for the classified section which is just another thing that makes it less fluid here.

You can go to your profile and see the last 500 posts you have made... You can also set your USERCP to always subscribe to threads you post in or you can manually choose topics to subscribe to. If you choose this option you will get an email anytime someone replies to that thread...

Thank much! lol.. helps out. But to make it easier... Easy button. Thank you very much.. wont have to dig everytime i want to track a thread.

Back