If you could change the oRg..

Doug, the one thing this forum does not have is a section for the sport-touring segment of Hayabusa owners. And lots of pics have been posted up of the bikes set up for that type of riding.

But if we take a trip and take some pics, there is no place here to post those up other than the General section which is what I've been using last couple years.

Yes, you have SportTouring.net & the Pashnit Forum for heavy ST orientated forums, but this site is exclusive to Busa owners.

Btw, headed out on a 1200 mile ride this weekend. :cheerleader: Big Sur, So. Sierra Nevada, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia NP. Typically California weekend ride. :thumbsup:

View attachment 199890

A new catagory has been created for touring

CLICK HERE TO SEE

what is the "FAQ" button at the top. i was looking at the diff things up top and when i click this it goes to error page.

A new catagory has been created for touring

CLICK HERE TO SEE

Thanks Doug. :bowdown: :bowdown: A place for those that love the ride. :cheerleader:

Gopro_pashnit_0878_900.jpg

Gopro_pashnit_0878_900.jpg

Last edited:
Last one...I broke them up because they feel like seperate requests and each involve their own work to accomplish.

As for the Cassifieds section: I just posted this in another thread but is totally relavent he more-so than there...

Also, what would you think of seperating items in the classified section by "Sold" and "Active"? Basically quaranteening sold items and only displaying active items? I have looked at sold items to see what I may expect prices to look like...but otherwise, I can see no reason anyone would like to see sold items in the Classifieds section - (no offense gang). The problem is then updating the status of the item...if a button click moves the item to the "Sold" section...it does not waste anyone else time when searching. A response to the forgetful seller would remind them to update it. For instance, I want Heli-Bars...a search in the classified will find ads for them...but I would bet they're all already sold...when all I'm looking for is a set that IS for sale.

Its like finding a 6 month old IWanna and seeing something you've been looking for in it...that's been loooong gone.

I know I've seen mention of Google searches pointing back to the Org. for some things and don't know what that might cause from that perspective as far as broken links or what-not...just something I think would improve the Classified section.

Sold ads should show up for 3 days after they are marked as sold. This is simply to allow anyone that was looking at the merchandise to know it has been sold and not search around for it..

cap

Okay folks let's talk about geographic areas....

We really don't want to create a catagory for each state because we know that many states wouldn't have a lot of activity. We have thrown around a few ideas of how to group states together... We need some ideas...

we have thought of....

Geographic areas like:
Pacific North West
Ozarks

Also using the college football groupings like
big 12
pac 10

What other ways could we use to combine the states...

maybe

RED
Blue

:)

Is there any way to give a facility to edit the polls posted. Coz seen in couple of occasions we posted a poll, just to realize we missed some options or mistyped. Right now, I think we can only update the post texts, but not the poll options (edit/delete/add).

I would like to know the rules on photos..... Can't seem to find them anywhere..... Someone said something about an adult only catagory? Would be nice for jokes and pics to be shared without someone comming across them mistakenly and being offended.

And maybe be able to customize our page that other users see? With some more info and maybe a photo gallery layout?

I would really also like to see if we could have a "user's map" page for members that wanted to post their location or close general location (like city, state) to better help organize rides in a specific area or just find other riders in the area? Would be really nice if we could almost do like a search for other members within x miles. It would be REALLY helpful for us newbie's to connect with eachother and other riders.... Might also help with seeing how many we have and where....?

I second the touring section! It seems like I get to see the pics after the event has happened. Maybe a touring section done geographically some how, so we would know of a possible up coming ride near our location. Thanks for listening!

I second the touring section! It seems like I get to see the pics after the event has happened. Maybe a touring section done geographically some how, so we would know of a possible up coming ride near our location. Thanks for listening!

have you guys checked out this new area? Is this what you were looking for?

New Touring Section

And maybe be able to customize our page that other users see? With some more info and maybe a photo gallery layout?

Have you used the gallery for your bike pics or tried to add information about your bike in the garage?

Gallery

Garage

How about a section for when people have a good experience with an online business dealer? So we know more choices of people to buy parts from and how other people had experiences with them?

May conflict with our sponsors idk ???

Last edited:
well then how about BAD experiences with other vendors ( not sponsors ) to warn others. like bad cycle shops or online stores:whistle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega
Can we have a separate and purely politics section and not allow political threads in the random thoughts section?

Thanks Cap!

Not sure if you missed this one...

Now that would be sweet! :please:

Now that would be sweet! :please:

Honestly we have one, I am as guilty as the next guy for posting in the wrong area.. I will start a clean up of what political threads we have and get them into the right place...

here is a link to the politics section... Please help me to remind folks (and myself) to post in the correct place....

Politics

thanks...

How about a Member Services section? I think it's nice to have just ONE place to find all the help we need. Kinda like members helping members. What do you guys/gals think?

Last edited:
Help me understand what that would include?

Let's say we're working on something and couldn't fix it. Also, help finding a great deal on products and services, etc. You know how we find people asking for help in the Random Thoughts section, General Bike related section, I just thought it would be more organized if we keep them all in one place. Again, just a thought. If it's not a good idea, please disregard.

See, right now, there's thread about" help finding a mac tool uv trouble light" and "Mustang help." That's what I'm talking about. I just thought it would be a lot easier to get help if we all go to one place to ask and lend a helping hand.

Last edited:
Back