If you could change the oRg..

maybe a section we can post good riding routes, scenic drives, road with good twisties etc...by state

I think this is a good idea. I have been searching the Internet to try to find some good roads in NJ, but most of the places require you to pay to see the route details. Having it generated by the .org members would give some extra confirmation that the route is worth while.

Its suffice to say that this issue had been ignored for some reason. So I'll mention this again - why can't we delete our own images in the gallery?

What say you, Cap?

If it had been addressed in the past then please kindly post a link so I can understand the reason behind the "inability" to do a simple task.

Do me a favor and see if you can delete your own images in your gallery. Go to the image you want to delete, the top right go to thread tools, then edit. You will see a checkbox and the ability to delete your own images..

CAp

Shane you should be good to go for deletion and addition of images, I tested it last night..

I was able to add 1, And then I deleted 2 more, And was going to add 2 and it wont let me, Says I have reached the maximum.

I was able to add 1, And then I deleted 2 more, And was going to add 2 and it wont let me, Says I have reached the maximum.

try this...

close your browser and then open it back up and go try again..

I haven't read all the ideas so if this has been given already forgive me. I would like to look at threads with pictures like the trip you, and Uncle Steve went on, or the rebuild of Grumpy's bike without all the posts in between them. I don't even know if that is possible ?

I do love this site, and GREATLY appreciate all the work you, and the Admins. do for us !! (I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, and sometimes wonder what it takes to run a site like this)

Last edited:
I do love this site, and GREATLY appreciate all the work you, and the Admins. do for us !! (I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, and sometimes wonder what it takes to run a site like this)

Yeah, same here! I wonder if a behind the scenes virtual tour would be possible? What all does go on behind the curtain? Cap? :bowdown::thumbsup:

Do me a favor and see if you can delete your own images in your gallery. Go to the image you want to delete, the top right go to thread tools, then edit. You will see a checkbox and the ability to delete your own images..

CAp

Yeah, it works flawlessly. :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Probably not the place......but being a member for a short time, and owning my 07 for a year....how about a thank you! You've helped me in all areas Busa, and I just wanted to tell you that.
Doc....aka Robert

bike of the month contest ( rules) contest open to busa's only-must be a member to win---one nomination by any member makes u eligible to win (nominations do not need to be secounded)you may only nominate one member per month---must have at least 100 posts to be nominated---can't nominate yourself---you or your bike can only win once in a 12-month period---nominaations will be accepted from the 1st to th 7th of each month---voting will be held from the 8th to the 15th of each month.-- - - ONLY ONE NOMINATION IS REQUIRED, SO IF THE MEMBER YOU WANT TO NOMINATE IS ALREADY LISTED DON'T CLUTTER UP THE BOARD WITH MULTIPLE NOMINATIONS FOR THE SAME PERSON/BIKE-DUPLICATE NOMINATIONS AND OTHER NON-NOMINATION POSTS WILL BE DELETED -WHEN YOU MAKE A NOMINATION, POST A PICTURE OR A LINK TO A PICTURE OF THE BIKE BEING NOMINATED.( GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER SITE HOPE THEY DON'T MIND )

bike of the month contest ( rules) contest open to busa's only-must be a member to win---one nomination by any member makes u eligible to win (nominations do not need to be secounded)you may only nominate one member per month---must have at least 100 posts to be nominated---can't nominate yourself---you or your bike can only win once in a 12-month period---nominaations will be accepted from the 1st to th 7th of each month---voting will be held from the 8th to the 15th of each month.-- - - ONLY ONE NOMINATION IS REQUIRED, SO IF THE MEMBER YOU WANT TO NOMINATE IS ALREADY LISTED DON'T CLUTTER UP THE BOARD WITH MULTIPLE NOMINATIONS FOR THE SAME PERSON/BIKE-DUPLICATE NOMINATIONS AND OTHER NON-NOMINATION POSTS WILL BE DELETED -WHEN YOU MAKE A NOMINATION, POST A PICTURE OR A LINK TO A PICTURE OF THE BIKE BEING NOMINATED.( GOT THIS FROM ANOTHER SITE HOPE THEY DON'T MIND )

There has to be an easier way :laugh: a way that didn't add work to the admin plate on a monthly basis. But a bike of the month sounds nice

I have an idea Cap, it may already be on here but my lunch break is almost over so I couldn't read them all, When I am searching and reading threads on the site and I am unable to finish reading all the post I have to search for hours sometimes when I get home or when I am able to finish to find the same thread. Is their any way to have a list of recently views threads in on our profile page?
I am not very computer smart nor do I claim to be so I really have no idea what kind of work it would take to do this or if it is even possible. Thanks for the consideration though:thumbsup: love the site and has saved me lots of money on maintenance and repairs to my bike :bowdown:

I have an idea Cap, it may already be on here but my lunch break is almost over so I couldn't read them all, When I am searching and reading threads on the site and I am unable to finish reading all the post I have to search for hours sometimes when I get home or when I am able to finish to find the same thread. Is their any way to have a list of recently views threads in on our profile page?
I am not very computer smart nor do I claim to be so I really have no idea what kind of work it would take to do this or if it is even possible. Thanks for the consideration though:thumbsup: love the site and has saved me lots of money on maintenance and repairs to my bike :bowdown:

You should be able to do that now. At the top of the page look for the link, Thread Tools, go there and click "Subscribe", any time the thread is updated you will get a link and then you can follow the thread for as long as you like. After you are finished, go to User CP, subscriptions, then remove.

Mine still says, You have reached the maximum amount of images allowed for this hayabusa. and i only have 17 images.

Sport touring net has a neat little feature it's an "all" button after the page number that allows you to view the whole thread. It's really handy.

cheers
ken

This would be awesome if it didn't bog the server...one click...read the entire thread at once...instead of loading page after page...

how about having a feature which will show all of the threads a member has posted. In that way he doesnt have to hunt down a discussion thread to see if anyone has posted anything after him or not.

To illustrate, I click my name to go to my profile and somewhere there a link to a page, or there itself, will be list of all threads that I've posted in. The list can be paginated as most members will have too many to list in a single page.

Omar,
I read this request a bit different. A quick easy what to see the threads I myself have participated in is a bit more difficult than looking up other posts for a user whose post you are looking at.

The tapatalk iphone app has a "participated" that works pretty slick. I find myself wishing there was a feature like it here myself.

Laid out like the new posts report but filtered to only show posts I have participated in.

The main thing is the "report display". It looks like capture 1 instead of capture 2. There is way more info in capture 2.

minor - but another click to get there. It would be nice if a single click from within the new posts report display would filter them to only show the particpated posts and/or new participated posts.

You still have an Iphone don't you? Look at how slick it works going from displaying unread posts to participated posts in tapatalk. It is slick. The current method here is a bit more difficult to get around.

I LOVE Professors idea....How about a field beside "NEW POSTS" that says "MY NEW POSTS"...that would pull up as Prof has shown. This would sort by looking new for posts in the same display format as the existing "NEW POSTS", except filter to only show say...the last 10 or 20 threads that I have posted in. :please:

In some cases, I can camp out and really look around, participate, ask questions, like I'm a full timer here...but thats rare. If I do post a good bit in a few threads and then don't get back a few days, I have to sort by all threads I've posted in...and get the responses that I said in the thread...which is not what I'm looking for - but the only way to get back to the thread. TufBusa is currently schooling me :laugh: on bike geometry changes in the "Stabilizer" thread :bowdown:...so I leave it up and refresh. It would be nice to open the browser, click "My New Posts" and pull up a list of the threads I was "waiting" to get feedback on.

I'm also really loving the Sport-Touring, GPS laid out, Rides section for places to ride by location. I have GPS mounted to the bike but rarely just go tooling around looking for cool roads.

The places I go are the places I know, that have been introduced to me by local riding buddies and friends at the Org.

It would be awesome to get feedback on areas within riding distance, with routes and cool pics, suggested places to eat, etc. The most fun I had riding was with a walking roadmap of the most awesome rodes and day-trips. I always loved the rides, but he was fast! So I never documented our routes...he sold his bike so my personal "tour-guide" no longer gets out.

It would be cool for a section to hunt for such rides...

Last one...I broke them up because they feel like seperate requests and each involve their own work to accomplish.

As for the Cassifieds section: I just posted this in another thread but is totally relavent he more-so than there...

From the Org.'s standpoint, Admin's/CAp specifically, could you guys lock the option for posting a classified ad unless you had a minimum post count?
I have to say I have passed on a few items simply because the guy had a really recent join date or a super low post count. At least it would give you the ability to do a little homework on your "dance partner" until your items arrive.

If a dude has a 200 post minimum, I could read up on what he says, what he does, particular riding style, where he's at, nice guy/a-hole (not to be confused with Acehole:laugh:) etc. If he's got 3 posts and has a super deal, there are quite a few Busa forums (or so I've heard...I haven't had a need to drift from the Org :bowdown:), a person could potentially create a new account on 3 or 4 boards, post the same item for sale on each and never come through.

I know people walk away from the Org for whatever reason, but I feel I have friends here and would not feel right if the jury of my peers here thought I gave someone the shaft on a deal that I thought was good. I would look to buy from someone that felt the same way.

Sort of related, I had/have a problem with my computer, Google searches take me to various computer related forums. Several of them would not allow me to see hyperlinks to sites mentioned in the posts because I was not a registered member. That seems too restrictive, but a minimum post count for posting ads would give a little more buyer confidence.

Also, what would you think of seperating items in the classified section by "Sold" and "Active"? Basically quaranteening sold items and only displaying active items? I have looked at sold items to see what I may expect prices to look like...but otherwise, I can see no reason anyone would like to see sold items in the Classifieds section - (no offense gang). The problem is then updating the status of the item...if a button click moves the item to the "Sold" section...it does not waste anyone else time when searching. A response to the forgetful seller would remind them to update it. For instance, I want Heli-Bars...a search in the classified will find ads for them...but I would bet they're all already sold...when all I'm looking for is a set that IS for sale.

Its like finding a 6 month old IWanna and seeing something you've been looking for in it...that's been loooong gone.

I know I've seen mention of Google searches pointing back to the Org. for some things and don't know what that might cause from that perspective as far as broken links or what-not...just something I think would improve the Classified section.

Back