rough ride home from caps

mynewride

Registered
i just wanted to thank the guys that helped me get a new tire on the rear of my bike. if they had not helped me out i may have not made it home in one piece. at about the kansas border i ran into one hell of a storm. lightning like i have not seen in quite a while along with heavy wind. soon to follow would be a downpour. i have to say my new q2 performed flawlessly.

about 30 miles into the rain i was passing some slow traffic and there was a car merging in next to me from a rest stop. the problem is there was a huge puddle of water...almost a pond on the highway and i had no where to go. so i just braced and kept my throttle position the same. next thing i know i didnt even feel the puddle. my kick ass dunlop saved my life. im absolutely convinced of it. if i had been running my worn out bt015 i would have went down...

so even though semi said the tires have poor rain handling i will have to disagree completely. the q2 performed flawlessly. so far i love these tires. again thanks captain, meacon, semi, acehole, steve (dont know his username)and anyone that helped.

i also want to give a special thanks to cap for putting us all up in his home. i thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and met a group of friends will not soon forget. im sorry i dont have any pics as i left my camera at home. :(

i cant wait for the next meet n greet cap. i also cant wait to goto a track day next year. you guys ROCK!:cheerleader::thumbsup:

thanks to you to twotone as i know you helped on the tire. i almost forgot ya. also thanks for the riding tips.:beerchug:

Good to meet ya, Shaun! I ran into the same storm... The lightning display was impressive. Less impressive was the hail. LOL Hopefully you didn't get caught in that...

glad you made it home safely and that your tire did its job :beerchug: way to keep your wits and not panic!

Glad you got home safe. I hate riding in the rain and if it gets to bad I will just pull over and wait it out

good to see you got to meet all the guys, i always have a blast at any mng i got to , maybe next spring we can hook up and got to eureka springs together.
i knew you would have fun the hospitally of the or is awesome

Way to keep it up! Glad you made it home and it was a pleasure to spoon on your tire! :laugh: Oh and nice meeting you too!

Back