Scary ride home from work today

jumbo

Registered
Was riding home from work tonight around 11pm and about 2 miles from my house a dog ran out in front of me. I was going about 55 when I hit it.with the front tire. I dont know how I didn't go down but kept it on the wheels. I pulled over to check the damage and it looks like only the fender is broken in half. I dont know what happened to the dog I was on a busy street with not much room on the shoulder. I hit the dog pretty hard felt like a tank slapper when I hit it I think the steering dampner may have save me from going down.

If anyone has a front fender in pretty good shape I am in the market for one. It is for a 01 Black and silver with the fender being black. Or if someone knows where to get one please let me know

thanks Mike

Don't have a fender for you but glad you were able to save the rest of your bike and yourself from further damage. Good job !!

Sorry bout the fender but goood job staying up! Dam people should watch their animals a little closer if they want them.

Congrats on staying upright. Good Job.
beerchug.gif

If anyone has a fender, I'm sure they'll make you a deal.
biggrin.gif

I've got a fender for an '02 black abd blue bike. It's black. Let me know if that will work for you.

Glad you are ok!

Glad to hear you are okay. Sounds like fairly minor damage to the bike. I have a front fender that has some road rash on the left side otherwise in good condition.  I can send you some pics if you like.  Let me know.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082815375 -->

Glad you managed to keep from dropping............that would have caused a lot more damage.....you and the bike!!!!! Jumbo Good!!!

Thanks for all the support. I am sure the dog was killed as I said I was going about 55 and I think I hit it just in front of the back legs. when I stoped I was a good 300 to 400 feet from where I hit it. There was not much room on the shoulder of the road and the cars go flying down that street so all I did was check the front of the bike to make sure nothing major was damaged(just the broken fender). I looked back to see if I could see the dog but it was pitch black and the dog was black also could not see anything. I was only 2 miles from home so I went home and called the sheriff to report it. Just got a call from animal contol they found the dog I hit in 2 pieces.

Thanks for the offers of the fender Big Wall you have mail
BigBS How much for the fender? Big Wall had a black one just like mine.

I been checking e-bay most of the fenders are missing pieces.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to paint a fender to match?

If I get on from the dealer do they come painted or not?

Jumbo, I have a black/grey bike and the front fender is black. If you get them from the dealer they are factory parts (OEM) and just need to be put on. I know that Flyboy just called on one at allpromotorsports.com and it was $132 for that piece (OEM).

Hey Jumbo, is the fender busted but still in one piece? If it's busted up but all the pieces are there and you wanna let it go for shipping costs I'll prolly take it off your hands. I could patch it and use it for a custom paint demo piece. Let me know...

BT most of the fender is gone the only part that is left is the back half where the brake lines are and the front support arms. If it was just broken I would of given it to you for free. I think that fender must of broken off when I split the dog in half because there is no damage to the radiator or anything else. The weirdest part is there is not one drop of blood on the bike.

BT your going to open a paint shop right? How much ,ruff estimate, for a complete mono color paint job for the busa.

BT most of the fender is gone the only part that is left is the back half where the brake lines are and the front support arms. If it was just broken I would of given it to you for free. I think that fender must of broken off when I split the dog in half because there is no damage to the radiator or anything else. The weirdest part is there is not one drop of blood on the bike.

BT your going to open a paint shop right? How much ,ruff estimate, for a complete mono color paint job for the busa.
Man, when you said broke in half you weren't fuggin' kiddin' were ya?
drooling3.gif
I hope the other half is hangin' outta that dog's ass right about now. Actually, I wish it was hangin' outta the dog's owner's ass for lettin' it run loose and get hit in the road! Some folks should not be allowed to own pets!
mad.gif

Rough estimate on a single color paint job should run between $1000-$1200 depending on how much prep work is required. That's assuming no busted or dented bodywork, just paint chips and scratches to fix prior to sprayin'. It's also asuming that you ain't goin' with some crazy expensive color like the color change paints.
wink.gif

Man, when you said broke in half you weren't fuggin' kiddin' were ya?
drooling3.gif
I hope the other half is hangin' outta that dog's ass right about now. Actually, I wish it was hangin' outta the dog's owner's ass for lettin' it run loose and get hit in the road! Some folks should not be allowed to own pets!
mad.gif

Rough estimate on a single color paint job should run between $1000-$1200 depending on how much prep work is required. That's assuming no busted or dented bodywork, just paint chips and scratches to fix prior to sprayin'. It's also asuming that you ain't goin' with some crazy expensive color like the color change paints.
wink.gif
Yer right on par with what we charge.......fair price in my opinion.
Do ya paint the inners for that too, or is that extra???
thumbs-up.gif

Back