Rookie Rider

(proud dad @ Apr. 26 2007,21:23) Its much easier to launch a 600 than a busa.600 has 1/2 the torque & 50 to 60 less HP.Take it easy,learn to ride the beast.Before it rides you.
+1

1st. 'Dadofthree' that pic is sick!

2nd. I also got a hayabusa as my first bike and I havent even had a thought of racing the thing yet (600 miles on it so far) Currently 20 yrs old

Just going places and everyone's jaw just drops even knowing that it's a Hayabusa is enough, Ill practice the racing stuff later..

And as for Chicago's best.. Im getting there, gonna post pics after paint.. Dont think I've ever even seen any of you Chicago guys!!
smileyexhibit.gif
lol
Pearl White is DEFINITELY the fastest color.. Haha!

(pure_ego @ Apr. 26 2007,20:50)
(MoosesBusa @ Apr. 26 2007,14:41) Once you've ridden a year or so you'll have the skills needed to control the power at your right wrist.
wow.. only a year to master the art of street riding..  lol who knew.. I must be a 15 time grand master or something by now.

I predict this ends badly in the near future.

so tell me newb... do ya know what a squid is?
ices_rofl.gif

Do your self a big favor and listen to what these guys are telling you most of these guys have been riding for years. Get to know the bike and hone your skills the Busa in stock form s a beast just think what it will be like later after Mods. Don't let us down and see you on the news with your bike all waded out and you under that blank on the side of the road.

Even with riding experience under my belt (nothing to brag about) the Busa was still a beast on take off. She demanded respect.... and get's plenty of it from me.

Had the bike a year and I'm STILL taking baby steps.

Somebody already said it: Ride to enjoy the riding... not to compete with other riders. Take your time.

Pointer: Adjust the clutch pull for your hand.

If you're using all four fingers to operate the clutch (even from a stop), this could be causing the problem. Use the index & middle finger only. This will place you closer to the friction zone (yet still not in it) than fully grasped.

At this point the engagement of the clutch becomes more natural when rolling gently on the throttle!

Hope that helps.

dont sweat it bro.Busa was my first bike,got it 6months ago,taught myself to ride but am currently in the sAFTEY COURSE...had the two class days already and realized i didnt know sh!t..got the 2 riding classed this weekend and am looking fwd to it....I've had the bike to 140 already and it scared the hell out of me but thats what i like about it....I dont even entertain the thought of racing on the street for numerous reasons,main one being i need my CDL for my job,i lose that i lose my job other reason is there is no need to prove anything to anyone...hell,i even got NOS on the bike but thats for my enjoyment..you know your bike is fast no need to prove it ! i used to drive a 76 trans am with a 455...everybody wantedt o race me.but after replacing 2 motors in 8months I realized i didnt need to prove anything....just take it easy and have fun bro....congrats on the new bike

If you want to be faster, like all of these other guys have said, throw money at a track school. There is always time and money for mods. I see a lot of guys who buy bikes, regardless of size and do mot respect the machine. They typically last about 2 seasons, throw thier bike away, and blame it on the machine, and never ride again. Get good on the bike as it sits, then screw with it.

As far as the coldest bike in Chicago, good luck with that.
beerchug.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Apr. 26 2007,21:14) Wait now that I read 3 posts.

Looks like just a troll from the 600 RR forum.
I TOTALLY agree!
smile.gif
Yet, in true HAYABUSA.ORG form, we have answered with maturity, concern, advice, ideas for the benefit of all mankind... and trolls. ;)

This is my first bike after a long hiatus, and I'm still learning it. I have only had it for a few weeks, but love it to death. Taking off from a dead stop was much different then my old Ducati, but it was nothing that I couldn't learn to do all over again. I just found a gigantic parking lot and after hours went out and practiced stopping and starting, emergency braking, low speed turns etc. Pretty much all the stuff I learned in the basic MSF course years ago. This bike is big, heavy, and powerful. I wanted some alone time with it before trying to wield it on public streets. I am sticking to back roads right now and have taken quite a few hundred mile trips so far. Once you can get a handle on the bike (as much as possible without disrespecting the beast) it becomes a dream to ride.

Keep it safe and practice, practice, practice.

awwwwww, just rev it up to about 7000 grand and let go of the clutch..............But seriously, give me your bike instead!!!!

Back