Rookie Rider

Finesse1

Registered
<span style='color:dark
race.gif
blue'></span><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'></span>

I am a rookie rider! The Hayabusa is my first bike. I am embarassed to admit this but i was at a stop light and another rider pulled up next to me on a CBR 600! He took me off the line...I cant seem to get off the line quick enough...I need advice. I can't get taken off the line by a CBR 600!!!!

Yes you can unless you want to bust that azz. It's over by third gear anyway, and he can really kiss your azz bye after 150
beerchug.gif

(Finesse1 @ Apr. 26 2007,20:42) <span style='color:dark
race.gif

I am a rookie rider! The Hayabusa is my first bike. I am embarassed to admit this but i was at a stop light and another rider pulled up next to me on a CBR 600! He took me off the line...I cant seem to get off the line quick enough...I need advice. I can't get taken off the line by a CBR 600!!!!

Being your first bike...you might not want to be testing your launch on the street.

Just knowing you are sitting on the better bike should be satisfactory than to crash it showing off.

just my .02

race.gif

How do i enhance the BUSA?...Do i change the pipes? All Chrome? Chrome wheels? I want this baby to be the coldest machine in Chicago!

(Finesse1 @ Apr. 26 2007,18:42) <span style='color:dark
race.gif

Sorry son...take her back to the dealer and turn in your keys...you're out of the club now
laugh.gif

dude slow down get used to the bike as is its a lot of bike in stock form as fare as mods theres no limit to what you can do with a busa its all about what you like as far as chicago goes ive alredy got that locked down sorry

(Finesse1 @ Apr. 26 2007,20:50)
race.gif

How do i enhance the BUSA?...Do i change the pipes? All Chrome? Chrome wheels? I want this baby to be the coldest machine in Chicago!
You already have the running-est bike ever built, theres no need for enhancement of the bike at this time. The enhancement is needed in your riding skills at the moment. Learn to ride it correctly before you attempt racing it. Like the other guy said, just knowing you're sitting on a superior bike should be enough for the moment, as a 600 isn't even a snack for the busa. Good luck with the bike and shiney side up.

JBN

(MORBIDBUSA @ Apr. 26 2007,22:12) dude slow down get used to the bike as is its a lot of bike in stock form as fare as mods theres no limit to what you can do with a busa its all about what you like as far as chicago goes ive alredy got that locked down sorry
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
poke.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Practice makes perfect, you need to try launching on a back road and get to know your bike before you start a kill list.
beerchug.gif

Dont rush it.

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 26 2007,21:50)
(Finesse1 @ Apr. 26 2007,18:42) <span style='color:dark
race.gif

Sorry son...take her back to the dealer and turn in your keys...you're out of the club now
laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif

You can try putting the rpm's at a conservative 2,500. Try to feather the clutch, and here is the real secret...............................twist the wrist!

Seriously, practice makes perfect! Please don't hurt yourself Mr. I bought a hayabusa as my first motorcycle!

If you don't slow down a click or two you are going to kill yourself. That's the reality of it.
Now that I (Hopefully) have your attention... MSF Course will give you the basics to stay alive. Saddle time is the ONLY way to hone riding skills. PLEASE do NOT respond to the guys that wanna challenge you. Once you've ridden a year or so you'll have the skills needed to control the power at your right wrist.
As for the best Bike in Chicago... get together about $50,000 and hand that and the Busa over to a customization shop. Wait 3 months and pick the bike back up. Otherwise, look around the gallery here on the .Org and see what other members have done with theirs. I would recommend concentrating on the Bling (if that's your thing) and do the horsepower mods later.

OR

you can ignore a guy that's been riding for 23 years and has buried many a friend from starting off like you are and go on answering challenges from azzhats trying to prove their mopeds have ballz.

I have guys on 600's "smoke" me all the time and I'm putting out 178 rwhp. I don't even bother with them. In the end it makes THEM look stupid to anybody with 1/2 a brain when they haul azz from a red light and I don't even bring the rpm's up and leave the light like a normal person. As you age you'll discover that when you have true power and/or dominance, you very seldom have to exercise it to maintain control.

Have a nice day and enjoy your Busa, it really is everything a bike should be.

(MoosesBusa @ Apr. 26 2007,14:41) Once you've ridden a year or so you'll have the skills needed to control the power at your right wrist.
wow.. only a year to master the art of street riding.. lol who knew.. I must be a 15 time grand master or something by now.

I predict this ends badly in the near future.

so tell me newb... do ya know what a squid is?

If you where handed it by a 600, you need some serious help.

Get whatever kind you can.

Hire a riding coach or start doing track days @ the beginner level.

But for gosh sakes don't be making or taking any challenges with your bike.

Not everyone deserves a Busa you know.

Wait now that I read 3 posts.

Looks like just a troll from the 600 RR forum.

Its much easier to launch a 600 than a busa.600 has 1/2 the torque & 50 to 60 less HP.Take it easy,learn to ride the beast.Before it rides you.

Back