ROOF Helmets.....Just Say No....

crusty369

Registered
Great helmet: TERRIBLE company. Purchased a New ROOF Desmo 6 weeks ago, and the visor broke after 2 weeks. Contacted the German Gear seller, (BikeLand), giving them them the opportunity to make it right by sending me the parts to fix the lid....they grew so fed up trying to deal with ROOF, they refunded my purchase price, (- shipping and VAT), and told me to keep the helmet. I informed them that I bought the helmet because I WANTED the helmet. I gave them the option to ship me a new one in lieu of the refund. "Sir, we are sorry, but we no longer carry ROOF". Tried to contact ROOF through their website: no response....Found their FB page, no response. Found another ROOF FB page , sponsored by BurnOutItaly.....tried to charge me over a hundred bucks to ship me 2 little plastic pieces, lol. Gave me the email address to Germany's ROOF distributor...Contacted them, informed them of the issue with the helmet, (including the dealers disgust with ROOF): their response: contact your dealer, "We don't deal with America".
Same response eventually came from ROOF..
I don't understand how this company stays in business. Absolutely no warranty support, customer support, or common sense.

Helmet is one of the coolest looking lids on the market , but if you break it, good luck....
This company flat sucks.....

my buddy has the Roof boxer and its heavy, noisy, terrible ventilation and fogs up really bad. personally I think it looks more like a novelty fighter jet helmet some 12 yr old kid would buy and play fighter jet with NOT a quality motorcycle helmet. ur money will be spent far better on another helmet like a Shoei or Arai.

I have a Shark evoline2 and it is not much better, similar idea as chin bar goes on the back when flipped up.

The inner visor with dark shield scratched easily and the tabs for the outer face shield are poor quality as well.

BB

Honestly they are more of a "novelty" helmet like mentioned above..^^^

Pick 1 up and feel it, open the visor back n forth, feel the inside and look @ the construction of it then pick up a Bell, Shoei, or Arai and I guarantee you'll never touch 1 again....:whistle:

Never even heard of this helmet company...stick with tried and true brands, ARAI, Shoei, AGV, Bell etc...

I have had tons of helmets in my day, and I feel by far some of the nicest looking, fairly comfortable, and well venting helmts are Suomy's. They always have some pretty flashy designs that are attention grabbers, but with the vents all the way open the damn thing is a little noisy.

Never heard of Roof helmets either. :dunno:

Back